Schooling needed to work in taiwan

Hi again, i just wanted some advise because i plan to move to Taiwan by next year. Im from the Phil. with a bachelors degree in accounting from a univ. in the province, so its not that well known, but i am a licensed cpa though i know i cant use my license when i move there. I do have a 2 year work experience in the field of assurance (audit) with one of the big 4 accounting firms. Soo its been bugging my mind cause i know that the years in school on the Philippines is less than it is in Taiwan. Will it affect me when i look for a job there? Im not really well versed in chinese so i will be studying chinese language in a university in Taiwan first for around 3 mo. after which if i find my communication skills is good enough i plan to look for a work in the field of audit in taiwan. For my visa and stuff, my dad is a Taiwanese citizen, born and raised there, so he plans on helping me get a citizenship there as well. Really appreciate any thoughts on this, thanks in advance.

Have no idea about your chances or how much Chinese would be required in a job. I would imagine 3 months of Chinese will not get you too far if you are in school. It is a very long road. But if work doesn’t require Mandarin, then in 3 months you could do basic greetings and stuff or perhaps a bit more if you are a false beginner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

is your school in the recognized school list from MOE?
https://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/aa/default.html

As far as your bachelor’s degree is recognized in Taiwan, schools name wouldn’t matter so much, unless it is world Top 100.

1 Like

Yep it is there, that means my degree will at least be recognized right? At the very least i was really hoping nothing goes wrong with that and i can use it in my resume, for my chinese im planning on studying by myself in the next month till i go to uni, i found a cool flashcard app named anki. Its just really hard to study it without actually using it in a day to day basis, kinda vanishes quickly from my brain.

• Copy of education diploma authenticated by a Taiwanese embassy. Typically a bachelor, master or Ph.D. …
  • Copy of authenticated work experience certificate. …
  • Copy of individual income tax statement.
  • Medical examination report and receipt for examination fee.
  • Copy of passport .
  • Two passport photos.