Scooter slogans

Isn’t there one that says “For your wind cutting pleasure” or something like that?

The other thread has a great link to a whole page of these.

Thanks for the link, Matthew. Pretty funny stuff.

Just thought of another one I saw this morning:

“Man-Boy: Enjoy the feeling!”

CK

My scooter says “Leeann Rymes-I need you”. Haven’t yet seen one with the same logo.

One very popular slogan that I could never figure out was, “We reach for the sky. Neither does civilization.”

I have seen Man-Boys and even a Dick in Kaohsiung. I’ll post the picture of it whenever I get around to scanning it.

That was always my favorite too. :sunglasses:

I don’t think these scooter slogans, as we perceive them, were meant to be scooter slogans. These are just decorative Englishy in the land of Mandarin. They are not meant to have any meaning, other than to upset Western sensibilties and give us all a laugh. It’s merely decorative hieroglyphics using English as trendy lingo.

Imagine if we were in Germany and the scooters said things like

“Die Vessenbidder esse Kleiner Bisse die Valkyriss!”

or

“Unwedderliener Anchen Muchen zie der Brudder Grosse”

France might say slogans like this on their mopeds:

“Une tres grand vitesse pour le ciel entiere!”

or

“Assez vous s’il vous plait sur le plat d’angoisses!”

Assez means too much, assiez means to sit.

thanks, grass. on purpose. it was meant to be bad decorative French. Sit down, you’re too much already!~

[quote=“lane119”]I don’t think these scooter slogans, as we perceive them, were meant to be scooter slogans. These are just decorative Englishy in the land of Mandarin. [quote=“lane119”]

Very true. It’s like when native English speakers with little or no knowledge of Mandarin use some “exotic” Chinese characters which are either nonsense or very strange sounding to folks from Taiwan.

Like the tattoo on Keyon Martin.

I saw a t-shirt of Abercrombie & Fitch with a huge Chinese name on it.

That name is Li Hongzhang (李鴻章) .

http://www.fact-index.com/l/li/li_hongzhang.html

I will not buy a t-shirt with a not-so-great politician’s Chinese name on it.

I read a car magazine the other day and found somebody put some Chinese characters on his bad-ass car.

It’s 壞男孩, bad boy.

In English, it sounds ok.

But in Chinese? :no-no: