Scooter supe ups

:help: i am wondering if any one out there can help me… i have recently bought a yamaha majesty and i want to give it a bit more grunt… the top speed is fine but i am looking for more torque off the line… it’s stock in the engine/exhaust department and i am wondering what i can do about it… do the bigger exhausts help with torque? are there kits one can buy to redo the engine? bore it out? shorten the piston rod? etc… i go to a great bike shop on keelung/ ba de in taipei but since i am new here and am learning the language i can’t just ask them… can you help me?
thanks

[quote=“buddahian”]:help: I am wondering if any one out there can help me… I have recently bought a yamaha majesty and I want to give it a bit more grunt… the top speed is fine but I am looking for more torque off the line… it’s stock in the engine/exhaust department and I am wondering what I can do about it… do the bigger exhausts help with torque? are there kits one can buy to redo the engine? bore it out? shorten the piston rod? etc… I go to a great bike shop on Keelung (Jilong)/ ba de in Taipei but since I am new here and am learning the language I can’t just ask them… can you help me?
thanks[/quote]

One thing you can do which is very inexpensive is replace the weight rollers. They push the pulley tighter with centrifugal force moving the belt into a faster ratio. If the weights are too heavy(or stock in the case of a majesty…), the bike will be slow on take off. The rollers range from 100 to about 300nt(the more expensive, the longer they last) and it’s about 100nt only for installation at any local mecanic. The rollers look like small cylinders. Many shops will have scales and you can weigh your rollers. Change them to 2 grams lighter and see the difference. It will be quite faster at take off. You may have to change the rollers a couple times until you find the proper weight. There are six rollers. I found alternating 6 gram/5grams worked best for my bike. Yet, my bike’s stock rollers are 11 grams. So basically reduce your weight rollers in your tranny and your problem should be solved. Keep in mind, lighter rollers are faster at take off but will slow down the acceleration in the top end, past 60 or 70km/hr. Pm me if you need more help about this and if you have questions about your scooter, you’ll have better chances to get help in the “Vroom Vroom” forum. :slight_smile:

hatch

thanks for the info… ya i posted it in vroom vroom as well… i wanted to cover all my bases… people there said the same thing about the rollers so i guess i will try that first… if that doesn’t work i’ll look into something grander
thanks again :slight_smile: :notworthy: :slight_smile: