Scott Cook's One More Time Around world tour lands in Taiwan!

Hey there Forumosans!

I’m coming back to Taiwan this month for a tour around the island in support of my fourth CD, One More Time Around, and to get my 蛋餅 on. Tour dates are as follows:

Thu Jan 23 - Taipei - Taipei Artist Village w/ David Chen & Mojo
Fri Jan 24 - Jungli - Hide Out w/ the Admissionaries & Tyler Dakin
Sat Jan 25 - Hsinchu - Titty Tea w/ Mike Mudd
Sun Jan 26 - Taichung - Retro w/ Russell Rodgers
Tue Jan 28 - Tainan - Tin Pan Alley
Wed Jan 29 - Kaohsiung - The Lighthouse w/ Landis Shook
Sat Feb 1 - Dulan - The Sugar Factory Cafe
Sun Feb 2 - Hualien - La Seine w/ Mister Green
Mon Feb 3 - Ilan - Rain City Grille
Thu Feb 6 - Taipei - Sit Down and Shut the F**k Up at Revolver
Fri Feb 7 - Taipei - Bobwundaye! w/ Tom Squires and Tricolor Tree Leaf
Sat Feb 8 - Taichung - with Vicious Cabaret, TBA

The Facebook event’s here scottcook.net/news.php. Some are early shows, so please, check the details and you won’t be disappointed!

Scott Cook - scottcook.net

Canada’s own prairie balladeer Scott Cook is a tirelessly traveling DIY songwriter with heart forever on sleeve. Road-worn, painfully honest, and deeply human, his straight-talking tunes weave together folk, roots, blues, soul and country with spacious fingerstyle guitar and clawhammer banjo arrangements. Scott spent six years on Taiwan, tangling with kindergarteners and playing music on weekends, before trading it all in for the life of a full-time musical hobo in North America. He’s been making a full-time living on the road since 2007, touring extensively across Canada, the US, Europe, and Asia, and is currently on tour around the world in support of his fourth release, One More Time Around. Its opening track “Pass It Along” won the Folk and Acoustic category in the 2013 UK Songwriting Contest, with Canada’s premier roots music magazine Penguin Eggs calling it “as much a manifesto as a musical work”, and UK magazine Maverick Country naming him “one of Canada’s most inspiring and imaginative storytellers”.

“As hard-working a DIY songwriter as any in the game… A Scott Cook song contains the extra work done by a carpenter who cares. Work the carpenter doesn’t have to do. Work only other carpenters will likely even notice… One of the best songwriters this country has. A working artist who’s taken enormous risks in order to make something which offers strength to anyone who takes the time to listen… I believe that over the years this album will prove to be a benchmark in Canadian folk music, as well as a signpost pointing the way for younger artists. I believe that young songwriters will write better songs because of it.”
-Corin Raymond, Raymond Unrushed

Great, we plan to be at the Hualien show and possibly the Bobwundaye show as well.

Here’s info about the Hualien show:

Discounted advance tickets are on sale now at the a-zone box office for only 200NT.

Specially priced student tickets are also available with student I.D. only 100NT

DETAILS HERE:

gigguide.tw/event-9750

We caught the first half of Scott’s Hualien show, and it was great. Wanted to stay for the whole show but our one-year old had other ideas. Really looking forward to Scott’s show at Bobwundaye tonight (starting at 9 p.m. BTW)