Scrolling function has issues (Scroll Jank) - was fixed, happening again?

Of course…

Sorry, maybe I should be more specific.
I meant issues with the scrolling function… :rofl:

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

yes

This works fine on mobile, but doesn’t work at all for me on desktop. I’m using Firefox. I click the thread and I land at the bottom of the page. I think once in a blue moon it actually does work. Would be nice if the thread navigation/scroller on the right had a marker for your last visit spot or something.

There is a thread discussing this already.

i’ll try and find it

1 Like

Still jumpy for me. :neutral_face:

Using a notebook with Chrome as my browser.

Guy

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen this but the issue here is different. I’ve never had the page scroll move around. The issue I have is that clicking a thread from the thread list is supposed to take you to the point you left off, but it takes me to the bottom of the page. 99.9% of the time. It never moves around on its own after that though

I don’t have issues anymore. This site was really messed up on my mobile phone for a couple of months but now it has no problems.

Always having this issue using the Chrome app on an iPad.

I’ve had a lot of general issues with Chrome lately (not particular with Forumosa though)

The only browser which currently appears to function as expected is Microsoft Edge, which is Chromium-based, and I’m running it on a Macbook. Severe sacrilege, but appears to be where I’m at. Might be worth a go?

1 Like

I think someone asked this already, but I missed the conclusion.
As I go down a thread, say after every 20 replies, I am automatically taken back up the thread to where I was 20 replies previously.
I read 112 down to 132 and suddenly, I am taken back, against my will, to 112.
Tell me it’s not me.

4 Likes

Check your browser settings, it could be set to refresh every xx minutes or something.

It’s not you. It’s me too. :slight_smile:

Guy

1 Like

Happens to me all the time on PC using Edge, Explorer or Chrome. I’ve tested it. It’s so frickin’ annoying that I now avoid looking at Forumosa on the PC and only use my Ipad or Iphone. And I have 6 desktops and 4 notebooks. Happens on all of them.

I can record a video of what happens and post it if you’d think it would help.

5 Likes

still happens to me on safari from time to time, especially on long scrolls

1 Like

:thinking:

Yes, those are the worst.

1 Like

In addition to your passion for surfing, how do you do this man? This is like one device per finger! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

It happens far more frequently now though the leaps are less severe.

I even have it on the Android app.