Scuba diving

I’ve heard their is decent diving around Green Island this time of year, and that hammerhead sharks are often sighted. True?
Also, if anyone knows the name, number or website of a dive shop on the island, forwarding it to me would be highly appreciated.

Divers go down longer

Go to Norman’s Pizza Pub on Wednesday nights. You can ask most anyone there about diving. Also has the best pizza in town. :wink:

[quote]I’ve heard their is decent diving around Green Island this time of year, and that hammerhead sharks are often sighted. True?
[/quote]
There is good diving there, but hammerheads? I saw a school (shoal? herd?) of them there about 15 years ago whilst snorkeling, but from what I’ve heard and read since, I was INCREDIBLY lucky. I don’t know of anyone else who has seen them. They don’t live there, but pass by during migrations, AFAIK. Don’t let that stop you from going though.

I’ll second that…Sandman was lucky :imp:

I’ve been diving out there better than ten years and have never seen them either…But, this is the time. According to the locals, they only hang around the island until the first week of March and then they’re off to parts unknown.

But don’t let that put you off…The diving is fantastic with or without sharks…Fantastic reefs, 30 meter plus vis, and a wide assortmant of underwater goodies.

If you’ve got a few dives under your belt, see if you can get offshore and do one of the several pinnacle dives in the area…Deep with strong current, they’ve got the schooling jacks, barracuda and occasional reef shark action. Inshore, it’s mostly small stuff but awesome all the same.

If you want to see hammerheads, get out there soon!