Searching for bread spreads

There is one Singaporean brand “Dirty delicious”, it sells extremely delicious umami butter.

Does anyone know where I can find something similar in Taipei or what is your favourite bread spread that I can find in Taiwan? Screenshot_20200627-193851|250x500

Have you tried Nutella?

1 Like

I normally have Marmite with Nutella for the umami.

3 Likes

Also, there’s some black sesame spread. Comes in a glass jar and the brand name is someone’s mom. Their slogan is something along the lines of happy time or good time. Can’t make this stuff up.

Edit: This is the product.

Unfortunately couldn’t find a picture of the lid with the Happy Time! slogan and the English name of the brand.

2 Likes

“Someone’s Mom”

Always a good time with Someone’s Mom

1 Like

Lol of course :laughing:

My kitchen shelf is full of nutella, peanut butter and different kinds of jam jars.

I’m interested in something with a savory taste instead. Bacon butter would be good as well

What you could do is fry up some bacon, cut it into tiny pieces, and mix it with butter.
That way you’ll be reducing your carbon footprint and possibly saving a rain forest. You may also decrease the need for child slave labor.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try it!

Jason’s has some foreign duck pate and goose pate. Lovely to spread.

1 Like

I never noticed them there :thinking:
I’ll check today again, thank you :slight_smile:

At Oma Urself they sell several bread spreads, including flavored butter, fruit and cream cheese, etc.

Oma’s German Bakery
No. 46, Section 1, Xinhai Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
02 2362 0611
https://maps.app.goo.gl/tPsEZJdHSzPmmCGf6

2 Likes

On facebook I see a guy making sauces. I think be is.taipei. If I remember right was .called James handmade sauces. Look.pretty good, but yet to try any.

1 Like

Thanks! I found him, he has an online store James and Erika’s Garden handmade sauce

3 Likes

Also, German Soul in Kaohsiung sells (and delivers to Taipei) German style liver spread “Leberwurst” in smaller and bigger jars. Very good!

Now… I wish anyone would sell Mett (raw pork spread) here :praying: commonly it’s served as a “Mettigel”, Mett Hedgehog:

c35ff72da9fce550f3d3ac00f41be00a

1 Like

I spread ur mami last night. Oh!

5 Likes

Yes thats the one! Let us know what you try and how it is.

When money allows I really prefer to support these kinds of people that grow and make their own product. Not to shit on factories, but it just seems so much nicer knowing miney goes to people that are sweating to make it, not just in shelf fees, distributor fees etc which take up like 70% of most businesses costs.

That all said, spreadjng someones mom for that price is rather tempting to try, despite the risk to ones health.

There is another one I actually do buy and love. They make pesto, sun dried tomato pastes. Maybe others, not sure. Do pasta and pizza for booked sit.ins etc. Anyway their pesto and sun dried.tomato paste I really like.

恰比兔子 (chubby rabbit)

1 Like

if it doesn’t come with mad cow disease, I’m all for it