Searching for preparation h type ointment

Hemorrhoids are not the issue I’m having actually, just general inflammation and irritation (it’s the inflammation of blood vessels which can lead to hemorrhoids). I don’t read Chinese, but understand that if I did, I’d see a fair amount of advertising for hemorrhoid ointments in Taiwan, so I’m interested in trying the local variety of Preparation H or buying Prep H if it’s available. Any recommendations?

Would this stuff work? It’s called Bao3neng2zhi4; I see ads for it on TV from time to time.

Thanks, yes, might do it. Still hoping to find the classic preparation h, or other western equivalent (not sure what we called this in the UK, Australia, etc - perhaps it’s prep h there as well)…

It appears to be made by Pfizer, so you could contact Pfizer Taiwan and ask them. pfizer.com.tw/contactus.asp

Cheers 2nd Childhood - just contacted pfizer

Cheers 2nd Childhood - just contacted pfizer

Yeah, any local pharmacy would have it. There is something in my medicine cabinet labelled “neo-hemothol ointment” or “新痔莫痛藥膏” (xin1 zhi4 mo4 tong4 yao4 gao1). I got locally. Copy or print this out to show or just ask the pharmacist for 痔疾藥膏 Zhi4 ji2 yao4 gao1.

Pfizer responded with “Preparation H is no longer available in Taiwan”, so going with the above recommended local concoction.