Second US Stimulus Check

That’s a good idea. I’m spending about half of mine in the US (also gave my mom $100), but it has just proved too tempting to pull out my US credit card for a nice dinner in Taipei, etc.

1 Like

I agree. My point is that it’s less than for those living in the US

:mask:

Democrats are asking a lot and holding the check up.

I guess I was wrong. Way off. They are one stubborn group of people, dysfunctional, and obviously don’t have the interests of the people uppermost on their minds. I can’t imagine the people out of work sitting around waiting for them to act.

2 Likes

Another update

Let’s see if Trump’s executive orders will go through. Just get people who need the money and help the benefits ASAP. Doesn’t matter who does it at this point. People need help.

1 Like

Democrats and Republicans have finally come to an agreement. To take a vacation. What asshats. The senate is now on vacation until September 8th.

4 Likes

Hahaha, my former mother-in-law used to call people asshats. That was my first time hearing the word and it always cracked me up. She lived in Arkansas for a number of years, and I think Andrew is from Texas if I’m not mistaken; must be a southern expression because I never heard it growing up in California :laughing:

Wolf being a true reporter again. Doesn’t back down from Pelosi’s finger wagging.
Will it last?

Yes, even CNN got on Pelosi’s ass about it.

Who let the dogs out, Wolf! Wolf!
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/10/13/pelosi_calls_cnns_blitzer_an_apologist_for_trump_you_dont_know_what_youre_talking_about.html

Not quite sure why I was quoted in the above. I was very wrong, as I mentioned above.

Anyway, loved Blitzer’s interview with Pelosi. But if you ask me, it’s all theater now. Both sides. Trump really misplayed his hand by calling things off. That was a crappy move. Now Pelosi is misplaying her hand. And the saddest thing? I’m talking as if this were a poker game and nobody seems to mind. Blitzer does (seem to mind, that is). His questions were perfect.

2 Likes

it was a good interview. Wolf also did a similar thing to Barr a few weeks back. That’s why I said he’s a good interviewer

1 Like

I agree. Democrats should send the bill to the Senate with trump’s support. That will put them on the spot. Wolf asked this question, I can’t believe they’re not.

McConnell won’t be able to pass anything because all these Senate Republicans suddenly care about the debt again. let’s see what happens

1 Like

You mean up from the current rate of 1.4%?

“In just the past week, Trump has said he wants a big bill, then no bill, then a small bill, then a $1.8 trillion bill, and now, perhaps, an even bigger bill than that. Or not.”

Got to get him when the dex kicks in.

1 Like

Even CNN is calling out Pelosi for stalling. She is not willing to help the American people just to spite Trump.

1 Like

Mcconnell said he doesn’t have the votes. The Republicans know they’re going to lose so they suddenly care about the debt again

Have compromised, even CNN recognized this. Why do you hate Mconnel but not see the depravity of Pelosi?

I did say elsewhere that she should send it through and make mcconnell refuse to vote.
It is true though, mcconnell said the next president will have to deal with this

I feel guilty now the way I viewed things with the first stimulus check (buying scotch, etc.). I think people are in real pain now and this is just ridiculous how long more relief is taking this time around. Maybe this is a way forward:

1 Like