Second US visa for Taiwanese wife

Hello Anyone -
Here’s the situation: I’m American my wife is Taiwanese. We’re temporarily living in the States taking care of my terminally ill mother. My wife entered the States on a 6 month visitor visa which will expire in a few months. Initially we were going to get her a green card and start that whole process but circumstances at the moment don’t allow for that.
My question is: Does anyone know if she can fly back to Taiwan when her current US visa expires and then just get another one right away? Would the fact that my mother is ill “help”? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[quote=“dubmonkey”]Hello Anyone -
Here’s the situation: I’m American my wife is Taiwanese. We’re temporarily living in the States taking care of my terminally ill mother. My wife entered the States on a 6 month visitor visa which will expire in a few months. Initially we were going to get her a green card and start that whole process but circumstances at the moment don’t allow for that.
My question is: Does anyone know if she can fly back to Taiwan when her current US visa expires and then just get another one right away? Would the fact that my mother is ill “help”? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Unless I’m mistaken, B visas (Visitor Visas) are valid for 6 months and may be extended for additional 6 months. If I were you, I would pay a visit to my local INS office, if there is one convenient to you, and inquire there.

Really? Ok, that’s a good tip. Thank you!