Secondhand hi-fi stuff

Amps and speakers? I know of a couple of shops near the Zhongzheng bridge, are there any other possibilities?

Try the complex at the corner of Xining & Zhongxiao Rd. near the Main Station / Beimen.

Thanks, interesting area, I’d never been over there.

In the grand tradition of answering one’s own question, this looks like the place to “go”:

myav.com.tw/forum/forumdispl … forumid=15

I want to pick up an second-hand amp (preferably a receiver with a tuner) and speakers. Where’s good? I remember seeing some posts that mentioned places, but I just searched and couldn’t find them.

These places may be helpful, Mr Sox.

Thank you, Mr Presley. A couple of people on that thread mentioned Xiamen St. I was in that area a few weeks ago. Did see much hi-fi in most of the little shops, but there was a market thing under a flyover. It was closed but looked as if it might have some hi-fi stuff.

I seem to remember someone talking about a big building near Taipei station where there’s a bunch of secondhand electronic / hi-fi stuff. Ring any bells, anyone?

maps.google.com/maps?q=25.048412 … 01206&z=20

Right here, and the surrounding area a bit, but I had a look a while back and wasn’t impressed. xiamen street even less so. I wound up buying new but I think this is the way to go for used:

myav.com.tw/market/forumdisp … forumid=15

Thanks, TG. That looks like the one I’d heard of. When I say “hi-fi”, though, I don’t really mean the high end stuff. Just a reasonable amp and speakers for a few thousand NT. Age doesn’t matter. That auction site looks like mostly really serious stuff. Good to see that valves are still around, though. I used to have a great old valve amp.

Yeah i was looking for much the same at the time and didn’t have any luck despite some searching. i wound up getting a topping t-amp new off ruten and klipsch speakers for about 10k.