Secondhand TVs/VCRs?

Hi, me again…just wondering if there were any places in Taipei city that sell secondhand TVs/VCRs? The new stuff seems pretty expensive (especially considering it’s all made here!) :slight_smile:

The streets around Xiamen St, and Chongqing S Rd. Cheap 2nd tellies and stuff.

brian

Why would you need a VCR when DVD/VCD players are soooo cheap?
I bought a new DVD player for 1500nt haven’t seen many VCR’s for that cheap. Why would you need a vcr? The movies you can find on DVD or VCD and Star world rebroadcasts late at night.

To be able to record things? As far as I know, the digital recording technology such as Tivo hasn’t made it to Taiwan yet, and DVD-R recorders aren’t able to record on the fly.

he must be american to love tv that much… wonder if he marinates his chicken in peanut butter and coca cola also

There’s several models of DVD video recorders out now that record realtime. They are still priced up in the NT25-40k range though. I’ve seen them locally at Daiichi.

Thanks for the advice - I did notice the DVD players are cheaper, the reason I want a VCR is to watch the occasional tapes I get from home… and before anyone flames me saying"what, did you just come to Taiwan to watch TV from home?!" I lived in Japan for 2 1/2 years before coming here…so it’s nice to get a taste of Canada sometimes!

Eh? Got some Canada for ya right here
Only show I’ve seen in the last decade that makes beer come out of my nose.

That’s quite a talent Sandman. Must save on bar bills. :smiley:

Brian[/quote]