(Secretly taken) pictures of North Korea

I post this without intention to make any political statement, so this might be the wrong forum actually but I thought this might be of interest.
The author is a bit sarcastic and touches slightly on the relationship between NK and the US, but my intention here is to share the pictures, nothing else:

stern.de/politik/ausland/ind … 8&nv=hp_st

Click > Reise durch das "Reich des B

Rascal:

Not surprised you read Der Stern. Hardly pictured you as a regular Die Welt reader! Next time pick up a copy of Bild Zeitung or the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. We may turn you yet.

How’s this for another photo (without political commentary of course) of the two Koreas at night.

globalsecurity.org/military/ … k-dark.htm

they should make north korea into one big protected regional park reserve and tourist attraction.

Nice - but they are only playing hide and seek with American spy satellites. :wink:

I am sure you like this one, too (well, it relates to NK in a wider sense): :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for posting those pics, Rascal and Fred. Very interesting.

Informative, but what’s the “secret”? Plenty of other photojournalists have published photos inside N. Korea.

Closet Queen:

Secret because George W. was not supposed to have been photographed using his binoculars backwards. This is just the chink in the wall of disinformation that will eventually by election time when George W.'s lack of intelligence will be made manifest to the world by the space aliens that have been working in cooperation with various defense agencies in America to defraud the American people. Got it?

Hmmm this automatic editing thing kinda don’t work when you want to use the word c-hink to mean a crack in the surface.

Let’s see what else we cannot use…

raghead
dune coon
sand nigger
nigger
honky
Jap
nip
gook
charlie
limey
frog
hun
jerry
spic
dago
wop
fag
queer
wetback
kaffir

Okay moderators, why is it that only Blacks and Chinese are worthy of political correct sensitivity and not the others? Just a thought.

According to the article journalists are always followed and there is a tight control on what they are allowed to photograph (and what not).
The author claims to have taken several pictures without permission.

fred,

Those pics show the brilliant Clinton gazing through binoculars that still have the lens caps on! Hense the subcaption, “Who’s the Rhodes scholar?”

I always liked those pics :laughing:

Gosh Tigerman:

I missed the lens caps being still on. Are you sure? It looks like there’s a reflection.

fred

[quote=“fred smith”]Gosh Tigerman:

I missed the lens caps being still on. Are you sure? It looks like there’s a reflection.

fred[/quote]

The sub-caption doesn’t make any sense otherwise.

Clinton :laughing: the Rhodes scholar… :laughing: Don’t you remember the scam that Bush haters tried to perpetuate when they said that Clinton’s IQ was 180? Of course this isn’t true… I think the pic above came out as a reaction to that false claim re Clinton’s high intelligence.

“as if…”
Always worth checking snopesabout these pictures.

eeek, how did I end up in this forum ?

Matthew:

Booohahhhahahahhahah. We have you now. Soon you will have opinions about Congolese foreign policy and endlessly debate whether the Paraguayan army should have used different tactics during the Chaco Wars. It’s only a matter of time…

An Anonymous Friend

[quote=“fred smith”]Matthew:

Booohahhhahahahhahah. We have you now. Soon you will have opinions about Congolese foreign policy and endlessly debate whether the Paraguayan army should have used different tactics during the Chaco Wars. It’s only a matter of time…

An Anonymous Friend[/quote]Of course they should have, any one who thinks otherwise is a Bush/Chirac Loving/Hating Facist/Communist.

Back on topic, That Kim Jong-Il ? what a wally, and he’s not nice.

Here’s a few more pics of N. Korea, check out the subway.

Oh, right, Matthew… are you next going to claim that there is something wrong with this photograph:

"]

I knew it. I just knew it. A cross-dressing dominatrix. I’d bet money Donny Rumsfeld is off-camera on the receiving end of that come-and-get-it leer.

I thought this was going to be about the secreted video from North Korea shown on CNN last week. A bunch of people in an alleged camp doing manual labor.
From what one could see, it could have been a work detail in the secretive North Dakota.
And these pictures in the German mag? Wow! Stop the press! :unamused:
The night pics are telling, but to be fair, lets see similar ones of India. I bet Rajasthan and Gujarat are pretty dark at night, so don’t confuse the lack of an electical grid with communist, evil repression.

[quote=“tigerman”]Oh, right, Matthew… are you next going to claim that there is something wrong with this photograph:

"][/quote]
Yes, someone has put Bush’s head on a picture of Chen Shuibian.