[SEEKING] Big brother

This may seem like a strange request and maybe nothing will come of it, but I’m looking for a big brother type person. Someone that’s older and more experienced then me that I can take out to coffee and chew the fat with. I’d also be interested in someone with some business experience that could help me sort some things out (but of course that isn’t necessary).

This may seem strange to a lot of you, but I think it has to do with not having my dad around when I was younger and not having him availible to talk to now (he’s not dead or anything). I had 2 mentor type people I would talk to a lot back home, but it’s hard to do now (with cost and time differences).

The potential Canidate will be:
35 years or older (oops, giving away my actual age)
Hold a PhD in chillin
Be cool
Have spare time on the weekends to chat with.

If there is some kind of matching program like this on the island I’d love a link (or anything you might think is helpful). I assume there must be older people that want to share their sagely wisdom. Because when I’m in that position (old and sagely :sunglasses: ) I’m pretty sure I’ll be looking for disciples.

Send resumes and introductary letters :wink: to: miltownkidMYPANTS@hotmail.com or send a PM
(note: remove MYPANTS to send reach me)

My golden rule is never to listen to advice from anyone. Most people don’t have the faintest idea what they’re talking about.

MK, I’ll be starting a “Dear Amos” thread when I get some time.

I learn from what people say and what I see.

That’d be great! I’m lookig forward to it.
:laughing:

Miltownkid–“remove MYPANTS to reach me” !!! ???

I saw it in a newsgroup once and thought it was pretty funny. I’ve posted my whole address a few times and had people warn me about getting spam, so this time I added the pants removing spam blocker (people put things like that in their email address to prevent bots from picking it up)

[quote] I saw it in a newsgroup once and thought it was pretty funny. I’ve posted my whole address a few times and had people warn me about getting spam, so this time I added the pants removing spam blocker (people put things like that in their email address to prevent bots from picking it up){/quote]

There’s probably some poor guy out there keeps getting spam intended for you because you’ve posted his email address as yours.

And there’s a difference between learning from what people say, and actually listening to their advice.