Seeking Chinese Tutor

Hello. Seeking an online Chinese tutor who can do TPRS style classes for a beginner. If you are not familiar with TPRS search for TPRS questions on YouTube and learn how to do TPRS questions. It shouldn’t take long to get the basics of the TPRS approach.

Alternatively, a conversation class for a beginner would also be great. This class should focus on getting the student to talk as much as possible. Message me if your are interested.

OK, if you’re looking for a TPRS teacher, but you also want to focus on getting the student to talk as much as possible – you may need to reconsider what TPRS means. (Actually, these days it’s more TCI – teaching with comprehensible input – or ADI, acquisition driven instruction.)

How much of a “beginner” are you? I have a group that’s been going on for about 20 hours from absolute zero. If you have some background that might suit. The group meets at 7:30pm Fridays (New York time).

Hi! I’m currently in Taipei and looking for TPRS/comprehensible input classes or a tutor. Do you have anything open? I have seen through the many posts that this doesn’t really exist in Taiwan.

Thanks!

YES! I can provide service (TMC
please contact me

2022IG

TMC

@ironlady does TPRS/CI online. She literally wrote the book on how to make that all work for Chinese, after 20+ years of perfecting it.

TMC, meanwhile, like all language centers in Taiwan, is a standard kill and drill language school with small group and 1:1 classes.

(Source: went to TMC for a hot second. It’s your standard Chinese course where you dissect grammar and spend 20 minutes talking about one Chinese character that you’ll never see again. Have read and implemented aspects of “TPRS with Chinese Characteristics” into my own teaching. It works very well with or without assigning homework)

3 Likes

Hello, you can 1on1
Your needs are only served personally
Of course the price will be more expensive
If you think it’s ok, we can open it once
But this teacher’s time, you need to follow him
“TPRS with Chinese Characteristics”->I only have one teacher who can do that.

Which teacher would that be, taipeialex? Because I train most of them.

1 Like

QR codes again.

1 Like

Hello, there are about 3-4 Chinese teachers who can TPRS
Master’s degree in Chinese teaching
If you want to try, please send me information

Now you have three teachers? A day ago you had one.

Who trained them? There is no TPRS/CI training available in Taiwan to my knowledge, and I have never trained native speaking teachers when I did trainings there over the years.

Having a Master’s in teaching Chinese from a Taiwanese university (and most US universities, for that matter) means nothing in terms of knowing how to do TPRS/CI. It is simply not covered in those courses, or if it is “covered”, it means one class period talking about it in theory.