Seeking for nanny

I arrived to Taiwan 1 week ago and my wife and our 10 months old baby are joining me in 3 weeks. im looking for “live in” nanny starting from October 1st till August 31 2010. i already approached a manpower company but i rather finding one without the agent, mainly because of the Bordon of the monthly fee the worker has to pay to him.
If anyone know heard of some reliable foreign worker who is already in Taiwan and is seeking for employer, i will be happy to contact her.

by the way, i know some woman who wants to work as my nanny but she is now still in the Philippines. Is the procedure of hiring her is too complicated for doing it by myself?

Thanks in advance for your advices

[quote=“dudzaar02”]I arrived to Taiwan 1 week ago and my wife and our 10 months old baby are joining me in 3 weeks. im looking for “live in” nanny starting from October 1st till August 31 2010. i already approached a manpower company but i rather finding one without the agent, mainly because of the Bordon of the monthly fee the worker has to pay to him.
If anyone know heard of some reliable foreign worker who is already in Taiwan and is seeking for employer, i will be happy to contact her.

by the way, I know some woman who wants to work as my nanny but she is now still in the Philippines. Is the procedure of hiring her is too complicated for doing it by myself?

Thanks in advance for your advices[/quote]
I’ve had very good experiences with Filipina nannies. I’m not keen on Taiwanese ones - their child-rearing culture is too far removed from mine, and I don’t have the time or patience to persuade them, and I hate being double-guessed by employees.

If you go the Filipina nanny route, be advised that trying to bring one over from the Philippines would be impossible. And employment of a Filipina in Taiwan is almost certainly illegal, which is not to say that it isn’t being done. It is, by foreigners and by Taiwanese, but there are risks. And I’m sure it goes without saying, if you do end up hiring a Filipina, despite the illegality of it all, make sure you treat them right. There are too many cases of women being overworked and underpaid, tolerating abuse just because they can send money home to family in even direr circumstances. Always give Sundays off (the vast majority of them go to church), and even if they don’t, the major Filipino socializing happens on Sundays.

You might have better luck finding someone who lives out, not in.

One way that’s legal, if you doesn’t hire from abroad, is to find someone who is Chinese-Filipino (some move here from the Philippines, both their parents Taiwanese, and seek residency or citizenship based on that) OR to find a Filipina who is married to a local.

dudzaar02, are u successful in finding a nanny???