Selling photos to magazines or newspapers - how?

One of these days I’m going to take an incredible photo either by chance (a UFO lands in my back garden) or through sheer persistence (an infiinite number of monkeys taking an infinite number of pictures etc …).

Anyway, how do I get my Amazing Photo of the Century publsihed? What’s the best way to approach magazines or newspapers? How much can you expect to get for a photo? I know this is going to vary enormously depending on the level and type of magazine/newspaper and the quality of the picture, but it would help to know some typical ball park figures.

I believe some of you have sold pictures in Taiwan (elsewhere?). :notworthy: Would you care to divulge your insider secrets? Cheers! :sunglasses:

[quote=“Spack”]One of these days I’m going to take an incredible photo either by chance (a UFO lands in my back garden) or through sheer persistence (an infiinite number of monkeys taking an infinite number of pictures etc …).

Anyway, how do I get my Amazing Photo of the Century publsihed?[/quote]

Istockphoto.com? :wink: I think “an infinite number of monkeys taking an infinite number of pictures” is basically their business idea. :laughing: