Sending money to taiwan

hello,

i need to send monmey to a friend in taiwan

im not taiwanese but my friend is.

can i just western union the money or is a better/ cheaper method any one can adivse me,

ur help is highly appreciated,

thanks in advance

[quote=“maxsun”]hello,

I need to send monmey to a friend in taiwan

im not Taiwanese but my friend is.

can i just western union the money or is a better/ cheaper method any one can adivse me,

your help is highly appreciated,

thanks in advance[/quote]

Western Union works.
Many banks in Taiwan can accept the moneygrams. I would suggest this, unless your friend has a bank account here. If he does, then a bank wire can be done. However, he would need to get his account number and the bank’s routing number.

In addition, there are fees associated with this. I know that if I went thru Taiwan Co-op bank, I only got charged 400NT for each transaction, but 500NT at Chinatrust. However, I haven’t done this in awhile, so don’t quote me on the prices.

In addition, some banks have an incoming fee. My old USA bank had a $15 international incoming fee, and like $10 domestic fee. My current USA bank has $0 incoming but $40 international outgoing. Thankfully, I dont need to send anything out from the US since I’m already here ^^

In short, the easiest, maybe cheapest route would be Western Union. Hell, if I remember correctly, you could send money grams online with a credit card.

I have found Moneygram to be a more reliable & cheaper alternative to Western Union.
moneygram.com/index.htm