[Serious] Tip Suggestions

I think @GooseEgg would appreciate if people wanted to leave their own tip suggestions on using forumosa/discourse’s features for other members.

I’ll go first.

Tip: Clicking on the timestamp on the upper right of a post enables you to start a new off-topic conversation while replying to that particular post.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Obviously, I misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

1 Like

Thanks. Hey, works on mobile too.

Screenshot_20190819-102624_Chrome

It seems as though sometimes the tips also cause failure of both ads and tips to load.

My post is not an advertisement :grin:

Solid tip.

Failure of tips to show would be a bonus :blush::wink:

New tip suggestion!

Add two Tildes, or as the uncultured swine that I am likes to call them; Squigglies, at each end of a block of text will make your text strikethrough

5 Likes

Press C to create a new topic!

Edit: Found this in the menu.

1 Like

Add a closing parenthesis to a number on a new line to automatically format a list of things you want to say.

What you type:

1) Argument 1 about cows being awesome
2) Argument 2 about why being Rickrolled is healthy
3) Argument 3 about how aliens plan to cook for forty humans
4) Argument 4 about why gaining tempo helps relax your soul when making music
5) Argument 5 about why you shouldn't eat Malaysian food. (Explosive results in this study! Don't wanna miss!)
6) Argument 6 about how the eggs of geese will change the way you think about breakfast forever!

What you see:

1. Argument 1 about cows being awesome
  2. Argument 2 about why being Rickrolled is healthy
  3. Argument 3 about how aliens plan to cook for forty humans
  4. Argument 4 about why gaining tempo helps relax your soul when making music
  5. Argument 5 about why you shouldn’t eat Malaysian food. (Explosive results in this study!)
  6. Argument 6 about how the eggs of geese will change the way you think about breakfast forever!
2 Likes

7f5

1 Like

I’d like to hear those arguments! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tip: I like at the top of the huge threads how you can see how many times each user posted, and which links were clicked the most… so in that same vein, how about an indicator at the top showing which post has the most ‘likes’? That’d be great for topics such as the Funny Pictures thread.

1 Like