Setting up a business website

Does anyone have experience building a business website? I was thinking of using Wix to do it, but I’m not sure if I can do a good job.

Long story short, I need to help someone I’m getting a letter of recommendation from set up a business website for his new business. My university needs the letter of recommendation sent from a business email so I also need to set that up with the website. The person he hired took the money and bailed and I need to set this up in relatively short time so I just said let me do it since I can’t wait that long.

I assume I buy a domain first, looks like google domain is easy. I think this also lets me set up a business email with the domain. And I was looking at wix to help me build the site.

Any tips or advice?

Somewhat, but I guess the owner of Forumosa would definitely know how.

Are you sure that dude is still alive?

You can also register for a domain name at Wix.

They have a lot of templates you can use. As long as you have a decent sense of what looks good, Wix can help you create what you need without getting into coding (as long as your needs are basic static pages).

You can also get a business email through Wix.

1 Like

pay someone on fiverr to do it

1 Like

Most of them take 5-7 days at least. I need to get it done in a few days tbh. He’s not asking for anything complicated so it seems like I could probably do it. Just a clean looking business website with basic information.

You could do it on Squarespace if you need to get it up and running asap. Alternatively, you could also consider Wordpress and just install a plug-in like Elementor/Divi to drag-and-drop things.

Personally I’d just do a SquareSpace business plan website with the integrated GSuites (gmail for a custom domain) to handle an email address. I’d think that’d be the easiest and quickest way to get a semi-professional looking website and email for under $50USD

You could definitely do it cheaper by setting everything up yourself, but there are a lot of moving parts that can be tricky if you’ve never done it before (setting up the correct registries for your domain name, confirming your domain name with GSuites yourself, etc)

2 Likes