Setup home network with modem, router with VPN and Apple TV

Does anyone know a good IT type that can set up my home network? I have a fiber optic pile of crap from Chunghwa telecom and need an expert to set it up or get it repaired/replaced. I am not an IT expert nor do I have the time to do it.

1 Like

Chunghwa didn’t send a tech to set it up for you? If something isn’t working, just call them and they will send a tech.

I need more than what Chunghwa offers. They can help me with the modem and guaranteeing hardwired speed. They don’t guarantee wifi speed and the modem they gave me has much slower wifi than hardwired. So, I bought a router and I’ve never had it set up correctly. I also need help to configure the router for VPN, so I can run Apple TV for the US plus secure fast wifi. I need an IT person who is knowledgeable about routers, VPN.

1 Like

I upgraded my internet speed, but my router is still the problem. I tried to get Chunghwa to install a router but they only have a wifi router that is not configurable so no VPN. My solution is that I ordered a pre-programmed router that my vpn provider recommends. I’ll know in a few days.

That’s the best way. Just make sure all your traffic goes through your new router. As long as you don’t need access to your network from outside of your home, it will be very simple.

1 Like