Seven Heads, British Pub in Xinzhuang

I was pleasantly surprised by the food at a British pub in Xinzhuang last week. As all Taiwanese restaurants the food came out one by one, but when it did it was pretty good. They also had live music.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/uCdhzZ8cEYLh3Zsm9?g_st=ic

3 Likes

Nachos
Quesadillas
New orleands bbq chicken
Oh yes very British !!
The fish and chips in the pic menu l want cry,looks :thinking:

2 Likes

Toad in the whole, scotch egg, sausage roll, fish and chips, shepherd’s pie, bangers and mash, beef and Guinness stew, steak and fries, cod fish fingers, fish finger pizza… It doesn’t get more British than that. Hell, they have a better variety of British food than most pubs in the UK.

2 Likes

The real one didn’t look like the menu photo. Here is what it looks like (from Google reviews):

@papertowel’s wife will be able to tell you if it was any good.

2 Likes

This one looks better
But the pics in the menu dont help

Fish and chips were pretty decent I thought. Huge portion!

1 Like

270 for 1 egg? Is that right …?

Also. Fish finger pizza.

Are they trying to give italians a rage heart attack??

2 Likes

I think it comes with fries, but yeah that one does seem overpriced. Everything else is quite reasonably priced though for foreign food.

Scotch Egg means an egg enclosed in a ball of sausage, so more than simply an egg for that money

Im sure @RickRooney has eaten a scotch egg or two. I think they eat them in his country too.

Used to love eating some supermarket scotch eggs on the way to Sunday league.

Scotch Eggs, like creme brulee, are almost certainly an English creation

1 Like

Scotch egg is a boiled egg that has been wrapped in sausage, breaded, and deep-fried or baked

I’m a Brit myself so I’ve ate my fair share of scotch eggs, never in a restaurant though.

I saw on google maps that it comes as a meal, with chips. A bit weird.

Yes. Fish fingers on a pizza is very questionable, in fact, wrong in many ways. Unless it is a gimmick. I’m guessing that the owner or owners are not English or British. I am curious to check this place out.

Definitely tempting to hear those dishes! Thanks for the heads up I’ll definitely give it a try.

1 Like

Ive ate them. Not that great.
I prefer just scrambled , or fried egg. Even boiled.
Scotch eggs are super filling though. I couldn’t eat more than one.

Great for a picnic, food on the move

1 Like

Like finding the evolutionary culinary ancestor of the deep fried twinkie.

2 Likes

Not sure about an English creation. Probably made them better.

Maybe i was too sarcastic. I guess there are a few English people who dont know what they are.

Just as a side note

Fried rice isnt just rice that is fried. They add meat, vegetables etc. Mind blown. For 15 years, I have avoided it. I wasnt going to pay triple the price just to have it fried instead of boiled.

Did you find that out only recently? I think I used to think the same at some point too, but I wouldn’t have managed to make it 15 years in Asia without realizing…