Sexual allegations -- political aspects

It has nothing to do with religion, it’s just about power. The higher you go in the hierarchy of power, the easier it is to dodge bullets. Politicians of all ranks and large business owners have a lot of leverage and can often get away with horrible crimes, while in some countries a private citizen outside of the hierarchy may get arrested for some mean Facebook comments.

The connection between religion and power is that if you can get the support of religion X, you get a large voters/buyers base, which gives you leverage when it comes to power/economical struggles. The fact that people would defend that guy’s actions just because he belongs in their same club is abhorrent, and on the same level as those who justify rape because:“Well, in his country that wouldn’t be rape, how could he know?”.

By the way, I’m assuming the guy is guilty because everyone seems to go along with that, but I’ve not had the time to read into it so I have no idea whether he’s actually guilty or if it’s the kind of sexual allegations that conveniently showed up against Trump within 5/10 minutes of the massive leak of compromising emails from the dems during the electoral campaign.