Sexy? ten year old? NOOO!

My daughter is watching a program on CTV called ’ I Guess I Guess I Guess Guess Guess." It looks like Jacky Wu is the host of the talent show.

They just showed a ten-year-old girl dancing around singing in a very short dress.

Around her on the screen,they wrote the words “SEXY!” “SEXY!” “SEXY!”

Tell me someone else out there finds this objectionable.

Yes! objectionable.

Jacky Wu pimps himself in any which way he can. He produces low end T.V. shows and he’s rather self obsessed. I wouldn’t watch any of his shows and support what that guy does. A true T.V. whore.

What about 6 year-old Jon Benet Ramsey?

and the countless others who follow in her footsteps (hopefully not all of them).

[quote=“zender”]My daughter is watching a program on CTV called ’ I Guess I Guess I Guess Guess Guess." It looks like Jacky Wu is the host of the talent show.

They just showed a ten-year-old girl dancing around singing in a very short dress.

Around her on the screen,they wrote the words “SEXY!” “SEXY!” “SEXY!”

Tell me someone else out there finds this objectionable.[/quote]
Yeah, it’s sick.

Sometimes they’re even younger! I see these Taiwanese show on sometimes when I’m over at my in-laws’ place.

Ick!

Double ick. And the early brainwashing on fashion and makeup is deplorable.

Shudder.

You all hit the proverbial nail on the noggin. This is a subject I always mean to bring up with my mates but I always forget about it. The amount of “Talent” shows with young kids doing the body poppin ass shakin bump ‘n’ grind Beyonce bootylick-us dancing is unbelievable. I always see these shows when I’m flicking channels at 11 or 12 at night bored with the usual crap, and it always makes me wonder who watches these shows when they are repeated late at night of course that is apart from a half-drunk Irishman with his wife asleep on his lap.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]What about 6 year-old Jon Benet Ramsey?

and the countless others who follow in her footsteps (hopefully not all of them).[/quote]

Even more objectionable. :raspberry: Children’s beauty pageants, complete with the make-up and sexy clothing are sick, sick, sick. Little children should not be portrayed as sex objects. :no-no: Period.

It’s also one of the reasons I suspected the parents in Jon Benet’s murder. People twisted enough to a) name an innocent girl a travesty like “Jon Benet” and b) put her in such a sick pageant would also be twisted enough to murder.

When I see Jacky, I always have this image of a Rabies ridden terrier humping a leg of lamb.
He should have been committed permanently to “troll camp” when he was caught drunk driving

Unfortunately this kinda business of selling out your child’s youth for a fee is becoming more an accepted practice. You gotta pay for their designer clothes etc, and for Mommy’s Prada purse, and Daddy’s 5 Series

Talk about sending the wrong message to the child and to children watching. Your value in who you are, comes from how much you entertain the monkeys watching
Kids are already bombarded enough by ads on TV designed to make them feel insecure and inferior