Shamrock versus tito 2

Ok i got the result more or less correct on the hughes versus gracie although i was a little dissapointed it didn’t go further.

So what’s the verdict on Tito vesus Shamrock number 2 ?
My prediction is Tito will win but not as easily as the first fight.

Rutten versus Kimo

My prediction is Rutten wins (I hope as he is my favorite MMA fighter)

NOt many people gave predictions for the last fight so lets hope more people than me and Canis predict the outcome of these two fights ?

Rutten win!
Tito win!
and you ?

Tito’s gotten his ass beat several times recently. But Ken can take a beatin, as we saw in the first fight.

I say Ken can knock him out, but if he goes for a submission, Tito will make his face resemble hamburger…again.

I used to like Ken but after seeing him on the ultimate fighter I’ve changed my mind . I predict Tito will win . If he doesn’t do it in the first 3 minutes by beat down then the fight will go the distance but Tito will win the decision . I’ve noticed that often Tito comes out firing both barrels but if his opponent survives his first onslaught he becomes much less aggressive .

Bossito and Kimo : Boss will take it but I hope he uses his infamous front kick to the liver a little less than he usually does because he often ends up on his back when throws it .

Also GSP will beat Mat Hughs .

Cheers

Gord

Tito to win against Shamrock. Tito still on top of his game unless that knee injury is still bad.

Rutten will beat Kimo. Bas is a much more skilled in standup and I would expect a standup battle with them two. But Kimo has a punchers chance.

Hughes to win against GSP. I think GSP will try to keep it standing and Hughes will find a takedown opportunity and dominate him. Probably not as easy as Royce but enough to win on decision or ref stoppage.

I’d say Hughes is the best fighter in the world right now. I’d like to see him kick Ken’s ass too.

I’ve never seen Kimo win, so he low on my appeal chart.

I just saw this guy

gilbert yvel

and was very impressed.

has he hit UFC yet?

edit: oops, yes he has.

Yvel! What an animal! His beating of Schilt surpassed only by his whacking of a ref!

youtube.com/watch?v=o89raKv7jZw&search=yvel

And can I just say that I am happy that Baroni lost yesterday; Tito has no reason to lose to Shamrock, and will only do so if he makes some horrible mistake (I mean, Shamrock’s last fight was a flash-knockout loss to Sakuraba); and that Bas - Kimo should go Bas’ way, but I dunno, Kimo’s a fuckin’ livewire and by no means is he a can, so it could be tricky.

Im not condoning it but that Gilbert Yvel clip was insane . That referee was being a pain in the butt ! Very risky for Gilbert he could get sued or end up in jail for that , but that’s why we love him !

Gord

What kind of fight were they in? It looked like Pride rules, where the ref was trying to resume fighting from a clinching position as they got mucked up in the ropes.

Weird.

Yvel… Either a hero or a zero. He’d been disqualified twice before, once for eye-gouging and once for biting. That fight was from Fight Festival. It’s a Finnish organisation. Not sure what the rules are, but probably a variation on Pride. There is a website - www.fightfestival.com - but my Finlandishese ain’t so good.

But for absolute nuttiness, take a look at the results from this tournament…

sherdog.com/fightfinder/figh … ventid=338

May I draw your attention to fights 1, 4, 5, and especially 7? If anyone has a copy of this event, I will offer my 2nd-born to you.

And keeping this on topic, TUF Season Three has definitely shown Shamrock in a very weird light. All Ken does is talk, and go golfing and dinner-ing with his boys. The training has been peculiar - a body-builder as an assistant coach when you’ve only got a few weeks with the guys? Makes no sense for such a short time. The guy was left completely floundering when Shamrock was absent from practice. I dunno… I think that if Ken’s training for his fight with Tito is in any way reflected in the way he is training his team as a coach, then he’s in trouble.

Shamrock by steak and chicken!

just watched jeremy horn beat G Yvel. Wow, what a fight. Yvel has vicious charging knees to the chest when they go in close. Ouch. But Horn got him on the ground and kept him there.

good fight.

[quote=“jdsmith”]just watched jeremy horn beat G Yvel. Wow, what a fight. Yvel has vicious charging knees to the chest when they go in close. Ouch. But Horn got him on the ground and kept him there.

good fight.[/quote]

If you have a minute (and I do mean “a” minute) then you should watch Yvel v. Goodridge. The first 30 seconds will be spent on the fight, then you will shout “WOAH!” and spend the remainder of the minute reflecting on why it is so important to keep your hands up, while shaking your head and making those quiet whistling “fwooooo” noises.

[quote=“Kahna”][quote=“jdsmith”]just watched jeremy horn beat G Yvel. Wow, what a fight. Yvel has vicious charging knees to the chest when they go in close. Ouch. But Horn got him on the ground and kept him there.

good fight.[/quote]

If you have a minute (and I do mean “a” minute) then you should watch Yvel v. Goodridge. The first 30 seconds will be spent on the fight, then you will shout “WOAH!” and spend the remainder of the minute reflecting on why it is so important to keep your hands up, while shaking your head and making those quiet whistling “fwooooo” noises.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve seen it, and just watched it again. That’s GOT to hurt.

I watched Don Fry’s fight with Shamrock in Japan recently. Good fight and I swear Fry’s ankle gets mucked up, but he doesn’t even flinch. He hits big on Ken too.

Try watching Rich Franklin vs David Loiseau

Loiseau gets a HUGE mouse over his eye and it gets bigger and bigger thorughout the fight.

grossssss.

Great fight. Franklin breaks his hand in the second round as well but guts it out.