Share experience on building a forum site

Building a forum site is comparatively easy. Building a forum community is extremely difficult. Google hits will help you a little bit, but not much - forums thrive on repeat visitors more than new ones.

Here’s a starting point:
venturus.com/index.php?/weblog/p … _07191208/

[quote=“braxtonhicks”]Recently updated to 2.0.17 with no problems, except now I’m getting this:

[quote]
phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1114 The table ‘phpbb_sessions’ is full

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES (‘37eed890f7b616410a25304b67a8ca22’, -1, 1127830226, 1127830226, ‘daa17ad1’, 0, 0, 0)

Line : 172
File : sessions.php [/quote]

What a PITA!!

PHPBB gurus, :help:

EDIT: Okay, figured it out. Had to “empty or truncate my session table.”[/quote]

Okay, follow up to this problem I was having and continue to have. Never had to do this before but now I find that I have to go in every few days and “truncate” my session table. What is causing this and how can I get around it? I don’t know anything about MySQL, I’m just good at following directions but if this is just a matter of storage, is there a way to just allocate more space to my session table so that I don’t need to empty it all the time?

:notworthy: