Share your Covid Vaccination Experience Here

jia you! usually over after the first day

1 Like

Almost 14 days since my first AZ shot.
Mild pain in my finger joints and neck started a week ago. Now it is almost unbearable.

Early 40s

I googled joint pain after covid vaccine and got a few hits. Seems it is a known reaction, albeit rare or under reported.

Iā€™m planning on going in to a doctor about this.

4 Likes

FWIW, my wife only had mild fatigue and my Dad had no side effects at all (both AZ). But yeah, most people I know, including myself, had pretty moderate to bad side effects (my Mom, myself, my older brother, my brother-in-law, etc).

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about your updates on this, hope whatever it is passes quickly!

Was going to go today, but the weather is a bit much.

The joint pain has not gotten any better. Taking over the counter painkillers until I can see a doctor.

1 Like

That sounds horrible. The good thing about Taiwanese doctors is that they will at least give you whatever painkillers you want if you ask for them. Hopefully you can keep it under control until it goes away.

1 Like

Youā€™ve literally just gotten to low grade fever territory.

1 Like

It also depends on where you take the temperature and how your thermometer is calibrated. My thermometer gives fever alarm when inner ear temperature is over 37.5, and considered 37.5 to 38 as low grade fever.

Could it be a combination of the shot and the weather? Some people get achy for many days after vaccine, could be thatā€™s being compounded by humidity?

Or maybe itā€™s, like, the vaccine?

2 Likes

That sucks. My knees and elbows were pretty painful the day after my first AZ shot (maybe other joints too - everywhere felt a bit achy), but it improved a fair bit after I forced myself to go for a walk and was pretty much gone by the next day. (Could also be related to me slightly overdoing it walking around in hot weather for a few hours immediately after getting the vaccine.)

What kind of doctor are you intending to go to? Maybe a rheumatologist would be good? (I can recommend one at TMUH if itā€™s useful - he seemed really thorough and did a ton of tests, and I guess youā€™d want to avoid family medicine doctors etc. unless you want to be dismissed with a bag of painkillersā€¦)

4 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

My highest temperature that day was 38.7, upon when I promptly took a Tylenol, or whatever that generic acetaminophen pill was called.

My fever broke about an hour later. Muscle and joint aching continued for another day though.

2 Likes

I took my first shot of AZ last Thursday.

Arrive at the site at about 11:00. Was out of there by 11:30.
Hereā€™s how you can expect things to go:

1. Get to the first desk, present your ID and NHI card.

Theyā€™ll check your data and input it into the system.

2. After that, theyā€™ll give a form to fill and your vaccination card.
    If you had filled the form at home, hereā€™s where you will skip to the front of the line.
    首頁-č”›ē”Ÿē¦åˆ©éƒØē–¾ē—…ē®”制ē½²
    (Thanks @MalcolmReynolds and @dark.horse for the link!)

3. You will be directed to another area where theyā€™ll ask for your ID and NHI again and input your data in the system again.

4. Then, they will point you to one of the chairs in a large hall, where you will remain seated for the rest of the process.

5. A doctor will come in a office swivel chair from the patient in front of you, ask you a few questions, sign the form and move to the next patient.

6. A nurse will come just after the doctor, give you the injection and ask you to wait for 15 min before leaving.
    Enjoy the live music while you wait!

7. Once the 15min had passed, another staff will come and inform you that you can leave if you are feeling well. They will also ask you to scan the QR code to send a message to 1922.

8. Go home, take a rest and drink plenty of water!

After the vaccine, I felt fine until bedtime.
Next day, however, I woke up felling soreness in all the muscles in my body, and a mild headache towards the end of the day. I could barely move from the couch, to the bed and to the bathroom. My stool was also very mushy.
I didnā€™t have much of an appetite, but still could eat.
By Saturday afternoon, all the pain was gone and I was back to normal.

So, yeah, there were some reactions but nothing unexpected (after reading this thread).

Still, I hope second dose will be a bit better.

11 Likes

About the form you signed, did you notice if there is a waiver of liability so if anything happens to you, the people who administered the vaccine cannot be sued?

Iā€™m curious how they are covering their asses for the potential deaths and other issues.

2 Likes

If there is a serious adverse reaction after the new crown vaccination, it will be compared with other conventional vaccination vaccination victim relief mechanisms. After expert review and evaluation, if it is related to vaccination, the death benefit and severe obstacle benefit will be up to 6 million yuan; it is impossible to determine and prevent vaccination. In the case of relevance, the maximum payment range for death and severe obstacles is 3.5 million yuan.

Relevant severe, moderate, and mild barriers are paid up to RMB 5 million, RMB 4 million, and RMB 2.5 million respectively; if the relevance to vaccination cannot be determined, the maximum payment amount is RMB 3 million, RMB 2.5 million, and 2 million yuan. Other adverse reactions that have not reached the severity of the disease, but common and mild adverse reactions that can be expected after vaccination, will not be relieved.

2 Likes

So does that mean that @SuiGeneris can get 12,866,700.00 Taiwan Dollars?

1 Like

After I repeatedly failed to get an appointment online, one of my co-workers helped me get an appointment offline. I was assigned Moderna. Everything went smoothly, and all the personnel involved seemed quite capable.

Some time afterwards, my arm felt a little sore, and I felt a very slight tightness and very mild soreness in the back of my neck on two sides, near the base of my skull, a feeling which, in the past, Iā€™ve (maybe mistakenly) associated with lymph glands (I made a ā€œCā€ in biology, so . . .). Anyway, that slight tightness/slight soreness went away after a few hours. I also remember that some time in the few hours after receiving the shot, I felt a little bit hot, but the weatherā€™s been hot, so I didnā€™t bother to take my temperature.

Itā€™s been a little over 48 hours now, and other than a little soreness in the arm, so far (knock wood) I donā€™t feel anything that canā€™t be attributed to old age, bad habits, or both.

4 Likes

Man Iā€™m so thankful people are honest and not banned for their experience on here. I literally said I had a bad experience and missed two days at work and got banned from a subreddit :roll_eyes:. Imagine if I thought all experiences were good and mine turned out how it did.

2 Likes

So, how was your experience? I must have missed where you posted.