Share your Taiwan Salary Anonymously

He did this survey on reddit. Not representative.

Pretty representative for foreigners I reckon. Which was the main purpose I reckon.
Also that survey link was shared here and many places.

1 Like

40 hours overtime per month is mental. The working hours are already 9 to 6, annual leave is already low (14 days for tech). I don’t think you know the sector to say is normal to do daily overtime.

14 days is standard offer for new hires in IT in Taiwan? it certainly is not for many workers in Taiwanese electronics companies. They probably get the minimum like 7 days in the full year.
I don’t like to use the word tech it’s not specific enough.

Yeah, noticed that after I posted. I was looking at the Dcard survey you posted.

Normally for software I see 14 days, but I don’t check all the companies that pay low so it may be different.

1 Like

Every foreigner in Taiwan is on reddit? The survey had 300 respondents, not 30000.

Funny you should say that when the GRAPH you shared obviously says 25% of developers in America (I’m assuming) work over time 1-2 days per week. That’s more than the respondents who responded they work 40 hours over time/month in the Dcard survey. Most people responded ZERO hour of overtime.

Find a survey that’s better then for foreigners…it’s pretty good gives a lot of details such as their role, Taiwanese or Foreigner, experience etc.

1 Like

I got the survey request here. I am not on Reddit.

I don’t think anyone is claiming this is some sort of precise science. It’s a data set, and quite interesting, and a lot of the points directly contradict many (not all) of the things you are claiming in this thread.

EDIT: Plus what @Brianjones said.

Guy

Thanks for sharing gain

I think this shows how important access to dcard is for foreigners

Human resources firms like Michael Page release them every year.

The average Application Engineer salary in Taiwan is NTD1,500,000

The average Application Engineer salary in Japan is JPY7,000,000

Well that’s terrible … for Japan I mean.

What am I claiming?

I suppose as my business is only providing IPTV services that’s no really tech either. I do not design the hardware or software I use. One company whose software I buy a license from allows White Label. I would like to get an extra employee at times. I could pay them good money and provide a place to live. Problem is days like today… My day started at 12am and finished at 3am for the European football Cup games. Once the feeds are on I went home. Now if you were my employee working a regular 9 - 6pm then you would have one event today for ATP Tennis from France. There are no other live events on before that time. My last event today is China Basketball at 7:30pm three games. All these events I can setup remotely.

SO an employee would sit there being bored all day. Nothing to do. I’m not in the office today I am sitting up at my friends place enjoying sunshine fresh air nice company and coffee and snacks. I can sit here watching the world roll by without a care in the world.

Also I have a business so I don’t pay myself a salary. My wife gets a salary from my company. Owning a business can allow one to earn much more over time than being an employee. I do not know why I am successful with my business. I do OK.

My wife isn’t in the office today either lol

2 Likes

It’s a tough ask but I am willing to make the sacrifice for good money

1 Like

That’s my current job. I don’t mind getting paid for doing nothing.

You’re making all manner of claims about how many of us are teachers, how many people never do overtime, how a monthly average salary is not as useful as an annual salary (and like @Brianjones I agree you have a point with the last item here).

Guy

1 Like

Yes but we really run our own businesses yes? Not quite like being someone’s employee.

Is it not true that many foreigners in Taiwan ARE teachers?

How’s that inaccurate? Most people in the surveysresponded they did ZERO hour of overtime every month and they work in tech.

Even on this forum many are not teachers. Comfy123 is and being post grad education pulls in a good income as an FET.

I think there’s something like 12,000 teachers or less (can’t recall exact numbers). There’s about 900,000 foreigners resident in Taiwan.

1 Like