Share your Taiwan Salary Anonymously

Not true at all. The work hours is included in the survey and most people work 8-9 hours/day.

1 Like

I saw the “overtime” column and said “NOPE!” and immediately closed the spreadsheet, and now I’m very grateful I don’t work for a Taiwan company.

1 Like

I know a lot of people who work in tech who ACTUALLY work on the tech (the hardware)in the factories in Hsinchu and Zhongli . They all do shift work it’s a bitch. These companies basically never close. They often get asked to work during national holidays.
maybe if you work in Neihu it’s a different story.

1 Like

That’s overtime per month, not per week. 40 hours overtime = 10 hour work day which is nothing for this sector wherever you go. That’s about the most people work over time which isn’t a lot at all. Most people’s overtime is 0.

Those people get paid even more.

Not the folks I know. Just regular technicians,QC, that kind of thing. They work in tech too.

1 Like

Then that’s not really tech.

lol yes it is, it’s just embarrassing for some people to include them as they drag the salary average down. Same with the way they exclude migrant workers I bet ya.

2 Likes

Well that’s irrelevant. The important thing is salary surveys should be annualised and most people don’t work overtime that much. There are people who do but the prevalence is vastly exaggerated.

I look at those salaries in the original survey and they put the fear of God in me about losing my job here. And that’s without dealing with the bullshit from many local employers.

No surprise to be honest that they cluster in the 40k to 80k per mth range.

I actually agree with you Gain that annual compensation is the key metric and it would be best to see that in a chart too.

What also should be done is to look at compensation vs years worked and see if there is a marked correlation in the data.

1 Like

Oh please he asked people on REDDIT who are all English teachers. :roll:

It’s in the Dcard surveys. Shit pay = super easy jobs without much to do and require almost no experience.

You obviously haven’t looked at the survey at all.
There’s a large diversity in the respondents , most are not teachers.

And immigration data tells us that there’s something like 50,000 white collars in total working in diverse industries, which is reflected in that survey.

1 Like

I was kind of surprised. I thought the average would be a bit higher. I guess the people I know are on the higher end of the scale. A couple I know just bought a Taipei apartment for 40 million…in cash. :open_mouth:

Richie riches wasting their money…or laundering it. :slight_smile:
Was there even any questions asked lol.

THERE’S a shit load of wealth inequality in Taiwan , you could say that about most places though.

They said they sold a portion of their company stock to raise the cash. They both work for a big tech firm.

1 Like

Nice for some eh. I remember many stories like that back in the day 20 years ago but I don’t know many of those folks now, probably tsmc or something.

It’s pretty clear that the low ends are all college graduates on reddit with a huge chip on their shoulders.

So they aren’t all English teachers now…I see.
CHIP on shoulder…hmmmmm.

Bingo.

1 Like

Yep they account for a large proportion of the national wealth. It’s not uncommon for tech mgrs to be married to each other here either. That is why … double income.
Evergreen and some others had big bonuses last couple of years but they don’t have the steady shares and bonuses year after year like TSMC .