Shilin District of Taipei?

I need to go to a place in Shilin district of Taipei tomorrow. I will be coming on the train from Taoyuan. Should I stay on the train all the way to TMS or get off earlier? I seem to remember a stop before TMS called Shilin? I don’t usually pay much attention when coming in. I remember Bangciao is the stop before TMS.

Can anyone help?

2 Likes

Get off at TMS and take the red line northbound.

1 Like

Shilin is on the MRT Red Line on the way out to Tamsui.

Shulin is on the TRA Line 3 stops before Taipei Main Station.

5 Likes

LOL shu lin is a different place, in xin bei, right next to taoyuan. shi lin is in taipei city proper, at the foot of yang ming mountain.

1 Like

Not really.

Train to TMS, then MRT Red Line a few stops to Shilin.

exsqueeze me?

If you are using TRA to come to TMS then tranfer direct to TPE MRT red line and head N to ShiLin.

If you are using Taoyuan MRT to get to TMS then when you reach the Taoyuan MRT TMS (which is a separate station to the TRA/TPE MRT/HSR one) transfer to BeiMen MRT Stn, catch green line to ZongShan MRT Stn, swap to red line and head N to ShiLin.

Better still, forget the Green Line transfer and make the equidistant walk to Taipei Main Station’s Red Line.

But this kind of nuance may be off the mark as some are evidently mixed up about Shulin and Shilin!

Guy

Taipei is next to Taoyuan too.

Taipei is surrounded by new taipei city. Not sure what you are trying to get at but good luck with that.

From Taoyuan to Shulin is 21 km! That’s not next to.

shulin district (xin bei) borders taoyuan. this is something known as a map… take a look.

1 Like

Really? Never heard of it!
District, city, it’s all the same, isn’t it.

Whether the OP meant Shilin or Shulin is probably immaterial by now, given that he said that he was travelling today.

Of course he could have got off the TRA train at South Shulin too, and is still wandering about the sights of the Shulin district wondering where the hell he is.

But…enough for now eh?

But it’s not, if you are carrying bags etc etc then going via green line is a far better option.

Suit yourself. :grin:

Guy

Actually Huilong MRT station (the last station on the orange line, xinjhuan) is about 50m away from Taoyuan county.

In fact there is a steak place right next to a police station, and it is technically in Taoyuan, not New Taipei City.

Bus 985 actually goes into Taoyuan a little bit before going to Longshan temple.