Shimen to Kenting solo walk

Somewhere near 枋山? Or already towards 楓港?

I haven’t made it that far yet. This is the land of angry dogs not on chains. I thought I hated dogs on chains. I tried to adopt Chubbs the friendly beach dog, but alas I had no food to make him stick around. I guess tomorrow I’ll just carry an iron pipe. Heat exhaustion really leaves me with little patience.
I miss Chubbs.

I recommend a few stones in your pocket. When the dog approaches pretend you bend over and pick up a stone. Dogs understand what’s coming and often back off.

1 Like

Fuckin mutts.
Say the word and I’ll be down there to clear you a path

My hero :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Okay all. I completed 500km of walking. Today after 5km, I succumbed to the AC blasting SUV driven by betel-teeth. He drove me the last 40km to Kenting. Upon arrival I slept for five more hours. I’m drinking and sleeping. Repeat.
Is post-pilgrimage depression a thing? I dont even want to be in Kenting. My purpose is gone. Damn being goal-driven.
Hmmm. What stoopid thing should I do next?

9 Likes

5 Likes

:rage:

1 Like

Walk up the other side?

1 Like

I have to be in tpe on the 1st.

Bite me

4 Likes

I have to admit, being attacked by the ghosts of wild dogs is pretty low on my list of phobias.

1 Like

Post pilgrimage depression is obviously a thing. If you arrive there on a Saturday then Saturday night would be a noisy loud activity lasting into the wee hours. Most other nights especially during the week are absolutely dead quiet.

So you have the beach and everything else to yourself.

I’m met quite a few interesting local foreigners with all kinds of stories at this place last Sunday afternoon.

Scott墾丁南灣落日沙灘海景龍蝦海鮮BBQ音樂酒吧
No. 223, Nanwan Road
https://goo.gl/maps/YkL6o9VzHMA2

This Dulan hostel is a cool place to hang out for a couple days if you want to take the train or something up the East Coast. Things mostly shut down during the week but still people around and some simple things to do.

WaGaLiGong 哇軋力共
959, Taitung County, Donghe Township
08 953 0373
https://goo.gl/maps/tj1LZtUmFiQ2

1 Like

Edited.

No shame in getting in the car for the last kms in this kind of heat, you hit your mark of 500km.

No one here has any right to give you crap.

5 Likes

I’ve slready put in 10km more here at Kenting Park. If I walk to the lighthouse tomorrow, I will have made up for it.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to climb that huge rock behind you.

Yeah, well, good try. I also walk to Carrefour and don’t count it as a hike.

Very, very disappointing of you. Damn cars…

Tried to visit it last weekend. They said entire area is off limits for environmental protection. But I heard it is really because people die there??? Is that true?