Shipping Belongings to Taiwan from USA

I have a storage unit in the USA filled with belongings that I left when I came to Taiwan. Can anyone recommend a good company for shipping my items FROM the USA TO Taiwan? It looks like sea freight is the cheapest, but I am having a difficult time identifying a reputable and not too expensive company. TIA!

There’s no cheap way to ship from the USA I’m aware of. Every sea freight is all “call for quote” because you probably wouldn’t afford it if you had to ask.

It will probably be cheaper than UPS but not sure by how much.

Sea freight will be the cheapest, call around some freight forwarders in Taiwan is probably the best approach. You will need to know how much you have in cubic feet/metres and distance from port both sides in order to get a quote. There will be fixed customs inspection charges each side, Taiwan was around 250US some years ago and likely much higher now. If it’s been more than 6 months since you arrived in Taiwan and you didn’t declare unaccompanied shipment on entry there may be some bureaucracy involved to try to avoid import taxes. Note that using freight forwarders will result in your shipment being treated as freight so make sure it’s packed appropriately as it won’t be babied.

1 Like

飛達國際搬家,跨國搬家,移民搬家,海運搬家,海外搬家 (luckymoving.com)