Shoe repair

I am worried to take mine to shops here :disappointed_relieved:

Not many seem to do the all leather shoes in Taiwan.

Thereā€™s one across my house. Corner of jinshan s rd and renai rd. Itā€™s next to a 711 on the cross section.

Thereā€™s one in Muzha, Taipei. Itā€™s in the traditional market, in the indoors building. Look for one of these markets near you, I guess. Or ask the po-po mamas.

Xindian has many. Bring emergency over.

115, Taipei City, Nangang District, Section 4, Bade Road, 877 (or 875/873, I forget), near Songshan station

This is his number: +886 975-210-350

Can anyone recommend a place in Tienmu (Shilin / Beitou?

Looks like my regular guy at 275 Zhongshan N Rd Sec 6 is out for 2 weeks

Whatā€™s a shoe repair shop near Dongmen MRT station? Need to add more height to the soles of a new pair of shoes.

Ok bumping this. Are there any cobblers still out there ? Anywhere on the blue line is great.

I used their services to repair a pair of boots I have:

Itā€™s between Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT station and DaAn MRT station

1 Like

Thanks , I wish to have leather sounds attached.
Iā€™ll check them out.

Just putting this out there, but if you ever need some work done on shoes or boots, maybe check out Dr. Sole. They seem to specialize in heritage footwear, but they also manufacture their own soles. Theyā€™re quite well respected internationally. I havenā€™t used them before, so maybe do a bit of research.

1 Like

What are these? I tried a couple of Google searches but not much help

ā€œLeather solesā€
Sorry it was a typo.

1 Like

Leather sounds is the sound a cow makes when itā€™s being turned into steakā€¦

1 Like

So whatā€™s a good leather substitute that a cobbler can use ? ( non animal). Iā€™m always willing to use alternatives. These are for protecting the soles of handmade boots from the Lincolnshire countryside. Theyā€™re already over 25 years old. The stitching on the existing soles need to be protected from the wet. I want a leather sole placed over the top of the original sole.

Not sure, probably plastic or rubber of some kind.