Shooting at a Taiwanese church group in Orange County, California, USA (Hate Crime)

What the hell is going on this week.

1 Like

It’s SAD how all the news channels from 51 to 55 are all Ukraine and not report about the shooting.

Actually there’s report…on the texts below.

I’ve been zapping since noon and no news coverage or report about the shooting

Big Bloody Eclipse.

1 Like

Uhm, what? Is this “turning the channel?” :grandpa:

Yeap

1 Like

Reminds me of my favorite punk band:

SHORT ATTENTION SP—

3 Likes

FTFY

More updated info ( Dead man in Southern California church shooting heroically jumps on suspect )

ENG with some twitter: Taiwanese church in California hit by fatal shooting | Taiwan News | 2022-05-16 11:25:00

1 Like

I expect a couple a week, but not this

Take home point, not just US nationals suffer from mental illness. People in the US want to self protect against a tyrannical government should one exist. Thus if gun control is to be a fair and useful mechanism to weed out psychotic manics, transparency, logic based government must first persist. Probably for at least a generation. Otherwise, crazy meets crazy. Its so sad to see illogical people run their days with emotion.

RIP.

Holy crap. That’s fucking insane.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-05-16/laguna-woods-gunman-worked-methodically-but-motive-a-mystery?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

Among the evidence recovered, Barnes said, were notes written in Chinese that Chou left in his car showing he did not believe Taiwan should be an independent state from China

7 Likes

It’s not insane if you know about the history of Chinese Nationalists in California targeting actual and perceived supporters of Taiwan independence.

It’s also the subject of Shawna Yang Ryan’s Green Island, especially in the section of that novel set in Berkeley.

Guy

2 Likes

No, sorry. Still insanity.

The history I am talking about dates back to the 1970s in which Chinese Nationalist agents and local goon in the US targeted Taidu types residing in the US. What this guy did in Orange County has a history that will be known to nearly everyone in that Taiwanese Presbyterian Church, itself a key site for bringing together supporters of Taiwan independence.

For some of this backstory, check out Green Island (the novel) if you’re interested.

Guy

4 Likes

Yet Another Late-immigrant Killing Taiwanese

Yeah major movement of Taiwanese into Southern California after the meilidao incident in 1979. It was either get out or take a long long holiday on Green Island.

2 Likes

The incident occurred when Formosa Magazine , headed by released political prisoner Shih Ming-tehand veteran opposition legislator Huang Hsin-chieh, and other opposition politicians held a demonstration commemorating Human Rights Dayto promote and demand democracy in Taiwan.[3] At that time, the Republic of China was a one-party state and the government used this protest as an excuse to arrest the main leaders of the political opposition.

The Kaohsiung Incident is widely regarded as a seminal event in the post-war history of Taiwan and the watershed of the Taiwan democratization movements.[4] The event had the effect of galvanizing the Taiwanese community into political actions and is regarded as one of the events that eventually led to democracy in Taiwan.

:bowing:

2 Likes

WTF shooter was washienlang.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: From shooting

Supposidely he lived in Taiwan for a while

1 Like