Shop at PChome, pick-up at 7-11?

Just wondering if PChome has an option to drop your packages at a nearby 7-11 instead of delivering it to your home.
If so, in which part of the check-out process do you specify that?
Thanks!

That should be possible, but I don’t know how either.

I’m wondering though, were you able to set up an account with an English name? I can’t seem to set-up a Pchome account, or pay for anything on there because their “name” section only accepts Chinese characters! Does anyone have a workaround for this (hopefully other than use a Taiwanese person’s account)?

Good Luck… I tried to make a purchase with Rutin PC Home’s other On line Shopping service. They would not let me make the purchase without a Taiwan ID Card Period. A lot of people have tired.

I used Yahoo Shopping. They have no problem with foreigners. Here is a link to my misadventures…
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 8&t=132689

I wanted to buy something with out using the help of my wife or friends. In normal circumstances, all you need to do is ask a local friend to help place the order with you. If you choose COD, you will be able to choose the location you want for the pick up. Be it at home or a convenience store.

Just choose 7-11 or Family Mart depending on who has the cheaper delivery fee or who is closer to your house. Your total plus COD charges will appear on you confirmation. Take it to the store you choose and pay the cashier. Simple as pie. I also use this method for BOOKS.COM, and just about every other place. No need to wait at home for a package.

Not all vendors have the 711 pickup option. If they have it, it shows up as one of the options.

It will do him no good if he can’t order at all with out the help of a friends ID card. I tried RUTEN, and was barred. I know that Ruten in part of PC home. If they allow foreigners, please tell me.

It will do him no good if he can’t order at all with out the help of a friends ID card. I tried RUTEN, and was barred. I know that Ruten in part of PC home. If they allow foreigners, please tell me.[/quote]

Lemme try and I’ll get back to you. So far, only Yahoo has been a success.

Noticed that the only way to now pay for Skype subscriptions if you live in Taiwan is through PChome. Has anyone without a Taiwan IC successfully purchased a Skype subscription or credits through PChome?

Maybe I’m being obtuse but: how exactly do they know you’re in Taiwan? I guess only because you told them so. What then stops you from changing your address in the account settings (or wherever it is) to one in another country?

Skype previously allowed payment by credit card and have the billing address info.

Skype previously allowed payment by credit card and have the billing address info.[/quote]
I know it automatically saves it but you can then remove it. The option is just hidden somewhere in the settings, as they don’t want you to do that. At least that’s what I remember it was like, I needed to log in on their website to get there. Sorry I can’t really help, I’m not up to date now as I ditched Skype when it was taken over by Microsoft.

It’s easy to sign up for skype. The hardest part is getting through to a rep. Basically, I had to give them a copy of my ARC and I think one other id and they allowed me to pay from Taiwan. I’ve had it along time and am still paying my original rate for a US subscription. The cost has since doubled. I buy credit at family Mart. It’s a great way to go.

Can someone tell us the current way to sign up for skype as a newbe.

I regularly shop at PC Home and have had my own account for the past 4 years or so. I used the Chinese version of my name (Google Translate is our friend), and didn’t rely on a friend’s ID, etc. I think I used my ARC number, or my passport number (with additional "0"s to make it the same length as a Taiwan ID)… i haven’t tried a 711 delivery and don’t recall seeing it as an option… I always get stuff delivered to my home address - very quick turnaround: if i order before midday, it will usually be delivered before 8pm the same day (seldom later)

For the ID, I used this tool to generate a fake one:

people.debian.org/~paulliu/ROCid.html

Worked like a charm.