Shopee app on iPhone

Hi guys,

Have you got Shopee app on your mobile /iPhone/?
I was trying to download it but it says that it is not available in my country :slight_smile:
I was also trying to use desktop version and change language from Mandarin to English but without a success. I do not have an option to translate the website.

I would be grateful for any tips.

Thanks a lot.

use chrome.

I tried, there is no option to translate the language there.

add the google translate extension

I don’t use iPhone, but I assume the app can be set to English like on Android (I think it’s a Singaporean company, and it also has versions for Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, etc.).

Or, rather, kind of English - it’s really just 90-95% of the platform text that’s translated - obviously the product pages and so on remain in Chinese, as do the promotional pages and delivery options etc.*

I don’t think you can change the website language, so you’d be stuck with using it in Chinese or machine translation. (I’ve never found the latter to be useful without messing up the entire page or otherwise irritating me, so I usually just copy the product details into Google Translate in a separate tab.)

You might need to change your region settings to download the app.

*This is the “English version” of the app. Spot the English. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same problem. I went from android (no problem to use shopee) to iphone (bought in taiwan) but somehow it thinks I’m in America and I only can get the USA app store which does not even have shopee taiwan listed. When I try to go the “app page” via website link it says I cannot download it.

However I have no issues using shopee on chrome or microsoft edge and the translation function on the computer.

I’m using an iPhone and downloaded the app. I think I set my Apple ID region to Taiwan. And, yes, the language can be set to English. I’m assuming your phone is in english. Shopee will use your system language.

Most everything is in English but product names and descriptions aren’t, obviously.

create a new email address using something like gmail, and set it up with the region in taiwan. Then register that email on itunes. Then when you need to download something only available in Taiwan store, switch to the new email account. And switch back when you want to be in US store.

1 Like

Great suggestion, will give that a shot…although maybe no shopee app saves me some money in the long run…no impulse purchases on the MRT :laughing:

Apps like Starbucks has separate apps for US and Taiwan. So if you want some of the loyalty rewards or offers, you would need to download those apps. too.

Thanks a lot for the tips guys!