Should foreigners behave like this in Taipei's MRT?

what you think guys? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I have mixed feelings

youtube.com/watch?v=dc1M9AXk … ed&search=

What was that? A white African?

[quote=“tommy525”]what you think guys? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I have mixed feelings

youtube.com/watch?v=dc1M9AXk … ed&search=[/quote]

Hey, it’s Taiwan, so let this guy do whatever the hell he wants. After all, It’s bad manners for people to tell him what to do. :unamused:

ya i know, thats why i have mixed feelings bout it.

on the one hand im thinking WTF? WHAT the L is goin on here?? What a buncha lunies.

on the other hand? im thinking…you know? it aint soo bad. The guys are having innocent fun and the crowd is starting to feel the happy vibes too. And maybe thats just what we need to lighten up the serious mood on the MRT usually?

so at the moment im 60/40 on it. 60 positive.

EDIT: on seeing it again, seems he was the only one puttin on a show

The vid’s taking too long to load, but from the title I’m guessing its a bloke playing a drum on the MRT. Which is absolutely fucking brilliant if that’s all he’s doing – I can’t see it so I don’t know if he’s stumbling drunk, naked or swearing and shouting or whatever, which wouldn’t be good.

One of the best things I like about the Paris Metro is the way buskers get to work the trains. Saw some AMAZING gypsy fiddlers and stuff. Sure they were busking but most of them were so good it was a pleasure to pay them.

Taipei DESPERATELY needs more colour like this. DESPERATELY.

[quote=“sandman”]The vid’s taking too long to load, but from the title I’m guessing its a bloke playing a drum on the MRT. Which is absolutely fucking brilliant if that’s all he’s doing – I can’t see it so I don’t know if he’s stumbling drunk, naked or swearing and shouting or whatever, which wouldn’t be good.

One of the best things I like about the Paris Metro is the way buskers get to work the trains. Saw some AMAZING gypsy fiddlers and stuff. Sure they were busking but most of them were so good it was a pleasure to pay them.

Taipei DESPERATELY needs more colour like this. DESPERATELY.[/quote]

Yeah, like the guy years ago who used to play the Australian blow log or whatever the hell his woozlewazzle was called in the underpass next to TaiDa. :unamused:

BAAAARRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMM

I almost pooped myself due to the low frequency vibrations.

Shouldn’t your title be, “Should ANYONE behave like this on Taipei’s MRT?”

But no, he’s just a desperate ass looking for attention. The worst thing is it’s another negative example set by which the rest of us are judged.

What a dickhead.

I’m guessing he lost a bet?

Does that happen much?

Sandman must have lost millions, then! :astonished:

See how nervous everyone is. This is why no-one sits next to foreigners on the MRT.

:slight_smile:

Silliness should be encouraged in the world. Commonplace stupidity is rewarded on a societal level, so why not random daftness?

Loud, goofy, colourful. I might not enjoy it much if I were sitting in the car–depends on my mood, and how bad he was–but I’d be more than happy to see him playing on the platform or entrance.

Can someone post a description of what’s happening in the video? Hinet sucks big balls.

considering there might just be people who don’t want to hear random-ass banging and screaming on their subway trip, it seems pretty rude.

Yeah, true. Taipei is usually so quiet and peaceful. :wink:

If you’re going to play music in public, at least have the decency to be able to play good music. That guy sucks.

I know that guy! No, I really think I do know that guy. He works at my school. He’s actually pretty nice despite coming off as an ass in the video.

I’m with sandman. Most people on the MRT act as if they’re on temporary leave from zombie land. I refer to the deadened, solemn expressions you see so pervasively as “MRT face.”

Most of the people in the car seemed to feel this guy’s playful enthusiasm. I give him a thumbs up.

I freak out people on the MRT just by getting off before anyone else gets on. That and taking pictures of people who are clipping their nails.