Should girls pay?

The man should pay, but then the woman has to go to bed with him. It says so in the Bible.

I have devised a simple strategy for dealing with this issue:

nice.

haha! nice one djlowballer :bravo: flowcharts really do make such complicated issues manageable – reminds me of the charts shown in then Big Bang Theory series.

to mushieSlushie: thanks for repling this thread too. you speak my mind as well. there is even a few times that my dating guy asks me to pay motel expense, like spliting. btw, i wasn’t the one propose to go! i just feel it is NOT nice…

Depends really. whos richer? Age diff? Does he consider you his “GF” ? Who asked who out? etc. lots of factors.

When my BF and I were going out, we were univ. students and lived on pocket money by our folks, so we always either split or did the 'you pay now, me next time ’ rule. 3 yrs into our relationship, I got a good job while he was still a student. I paid for everything including petrol for his scooter, for more than two years. He was fine with it. We went for movies, fine dining and even small day trips. He saved his money and bought me ;ovely presents.

Then,he got a job, his firs,t and saved for about 6 months for a big anniversary present for his parents’25th. Soon after, he got his dream job, we got married, I contribute to the family income if I can, but its not important. All the money I made after we were married was always saved in my name while he runs the household. :slight_smile:

Should the girl pay??? Most certainly, unless the guy makes it very very clear that he WANTS to pay it all. Any body who thinks they should be ‘paid for’ is not in a real relationship with their own self and the other person.

Sorry but I just realised how awesome that is - he asked you to pay for sex! :notworthy:

^^^ pretty much.

Both of the men in my past started off as more or less my equals (we shared expenses, etc.) and both of them acquired massive wealth in the midst of our relationship. I’d still always offer to pay for things, but when they’re making 300K plus bonuses a year and you’re still making 40K it just seems kind of silly, really.

One of my exes was in finance, and he calculated an expected contribution for me (kind of like when you fill out US financial aid forms and get an “EFC” or “expected family contribution”) taking into account his salary vs. mine. It was really funny, and I made fun of him a little for it, but it makes sense in retrospect. None of us felt indebted, or like we were being taken advantage of, and all was fair and comfortable.

What’s scary is turning 30 and realizing that neither you nor your current partner have a pot to piss in and are living off of ESL teacher peanuts dreading the inevitable return to the west with nothing but a shabby suitcase and a joke of a savings acct. My man better find a sugar mama quickly and marry and divorce her before he marries me :wink:

Quote: who asked and who out…
–> Motel was not asked by me.

Quote: Depends really. whos richer? Age diff? Does he consider you his “GF” ? Who asked who out? etc. lots of factors.
–> i m his girlfriend.

[quote=“sparkling”]Quote: who asked and who out…
–> Motel was not asked by me.

Quote: Depends really. whos richer? Age diff? Does he consider you his “GF” ? Who asked who out? etc. lots of factors.
–> i m his girlfriend.[/quote]

Sparkling, what options are you giving your boyfriend here? You will only accept his offer to spend time together if he pays for everything. What happens if he doesn’t call and suggest you go out? Do you call him?

The concept ‘you asked to spend time with me, so it should be at your expense,’ is really really childish. Do you maintain this policy with your friends?

If you mean that he is sucking the romance out of the relationship, or you think he is tight (stingy, mean) with his money then thats ok. But to say ‘you asked me to go to a motel for sex, I gave you sex, now you pay for the motel’ well, that makes you a… (finish the sentence youself)

Your relationship sounds poor. You need a rich man, and he needs someone with some self respect.

Lets go eat…YUM - w4m - 25 (san rafael)

Date: 2009-11-09, 5:05PM PST
Reply To This Post

You pay and in return you get a classy female and good conversation: Hurry its 5:04

it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1458873333

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Above is an actual real ad placed in craigslist bay area today by a woman who wants a free meal in return for her company. How does that strike you. Whats wrong or right with this picture??

:bravo: well said!

[quote=“tommy525”]Lets go eat…YUM - w4m - 25 (san rafael)

Date: 2009-11-09, 5:05PM PST
Reply To This Post

You pay and in return you get a classy female and good conversation: Hurry its 5:04

it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1458873333

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Above is an actual real ad placed in craigslist bay area today by a woman who wants a free meal in return for her company. How does that strike you. Whats wrong or right with this picture??[/quote]
Hey stranger! Buy me dinner. I’m classy.
:roflmao:

Traditionally in western culture, the man will pay for everything associated with a date, just like he will open a door for a lady or give up his seat to one on a bus, if it’s full. It’s a western cultural thing. So for a western guy to even suggest you pay for some of the bill means he’s a cheap bastard. There’s a difference between being broke and being cheap, though. Most westerners, if they don’t have the money, they just won’t take you out until they have the money (right after payday, etc). Then again I’m old-school. (old) Maybe young guys these days aren’t socially and culturally programmed as the baby-boom generation. My advise is to meet an older man, say MY age (late forties). Want my phone number?..hehe

Been there. The 18-year age difference didn’t make him more likely to pay. We just took turns paying whenever we went out. I think that was fairer and much nicer than going Dutch (and having to work out the costs of each other’s meals or doing separate bills - tacky if you are supposed to be together) or expecting him to pay all the time considering we earned about the same amount of money.

I expect a girl to pay her share. If she thinks this is a problem then we are not a suitable couple.
There may be, of course, extenuating circumstances: she is working part time and studying, for example, and I have much more disposable income. Then I’ll buy her stuff.

If I live with a girl I’ll do my share, or more than my share, of the housework, cooking included.

2009 and all that.

[quote=“Thelonlieste”]I expect a girl to pay her share. If she thinks this is a problem then we are not a suitable couple.
There may be, of course, extenuating circumstances: she is working part time and studying, for example, and I have much more disposable income. Then I’ll buy her stuff.

If I live with a girl I’ll do my share, or more than my share, of the housework, cooking included. 2009 and all that.[/quote]

My wife likes to pay. But she is obviously a lot smarter than your GF’s.

She takes my ATM card, transfers money to her account, then takes me out on a date. Works for her.

i do think that its a matter of chivalry that a guy is always supposed to pay unless asked otherwise.
many strong independent women will say it is their will to pay…so let em.

but then again i’m very old fashioned.

50/50. Should be 50/50 if both people make about the same money. In today’s world that often is the case. Women want to be equal. By all means, let them be equal.