Should I update my NHI card number?

I can’t confirm this, but there may have been a communication to NHI in Taipei and Nantou on Friday. If such a communication happened, it may have been telling such people to sort themselves out.

5 Likes

Hi all,

I recently moved from Taipei to Hsinchu (ok, not really recently, but like ~6months ago). Doing so means I had to renew my ARC, and the ARC number changed…

Before, both my NHI and ARC card were sharing the same number, and I could use the NHI to authenticate on govt. services (ex: taxes). Now that they don’t, it seems to bring havoc to all their systems …

Is there a way to update the NHI card number to match the new ARC?

Thanks!

Give the form linked below to your employer. A week later go to NHI office near you and apply for a new card.

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/new-format-for-arc-aprc-number-is-not-accepted-testing-and-reporting-thread/200014/436

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/new-format-for-arc-aprc-number-is-not-accepted-testing-and-reporting-thread/200014/447

@slawa

putting a link to NIA’s F&Q page in the OP might help someone, me think

1 Like

I added new section in the OP
NEW ID ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS

1 Like

It still happens. NHI employees are not aware you need to change NHI card if employer updates NHI contributions to new ID number

https://www.bli.gov.tw/0009854.html

What happens if your employer doesn’t update their contributions to the new ID number or also get told that they don’t need to update contributions to the new ID number?

We don’t know yet. It might work until the old ID will be scrapped in about 9 years.

But there might be issues e.g. if employer tries to pay salary to an account in the bank that uses your new ID. The transfers might be declined due to ID mismatch

so it is not a must atm. they will probably get in with the times in a year or two and start notifying God and the devil to hurry up and update your personal info at your earliest convenience lol

I personally would either only use the old ID number or only the new ID number. Mixing it at different places will bring trouble.

That would be the bank, different story. Banks all give you an ultimatum to go update your personal info. I was told my labor insurance and tax info have been updated but not my NHI contributions since they didn’t require it.

Paying your taxes online using your NHI card with old number might not work in the future. We have to see.
It is out of our hands what will work and what not. There are so many systems that need to be corrected.

Everything is so inconsistent as well. Some banks require you to go, some don’t.

Damn. More details?

You can talk to @frank_hnd and @KINGKONGDONK
PM might be better. I don’t know which NHI office they went to.

just went to the hospital and everything worked…my old ID card was functioning despite having a new number. Maybe it is because I had an appointment scheduled before getting my new card?

anyway, might be because the card uses the microchip to read info? no idea. it worked that’s all I know. might not next time…who knows.

1 Like

NHI will only cancel your card if your employer changes the NHI contributions to new ID. Which they should, if you tell them you have a new ID.

well good news is my employer is a circus so they probably haven’t cancelled it.

Employer would not know you have a new ID unless you told them.
Ask them if they send out a 被保險人變更事項申請書(勞保、健保及勞退3合1表格) form.

Application for Change of Insured Person’s data

they know I have a new arc.

1 Like