Should I update my NHI card number?

1 Like

They have apparently unscrewedup that. I went to that one last week, and not only did they mail a new card that arrived by last Saturday, they didn’t even charge me for it.

For retirees who pay our own premiums via NHI-initiated direct withdrawals from our own bank accounts, do we have to do anything to get the NHI or our banks to figure out how to get/apply the payments? Or will the existing authorization continue to work and be applied?

I received APRC’s with new style numbers for my kids last year, didn’t update their NHI entries and did not have any issues. Yesterday I received a new NHI card with the updated APRC number for my daughter in the post, I never applied for it. Slightly perturbed that it has an updated photo which I did not provide, it matches the one on her APRC so there must be linkage and information exchange between the two systems. My son who received his APRC at an earlier date has not been sent a new NHI card.

1 Like

Oh no no no I just updated my card with a crappy photo taken on the spot given that I’m going to apply for APRC next year anyway, but now it could mean I’m stuck with crappy photo on NHI card for life…

No you’re not. If you want to change the photo, just head to the NHI’s service centre and ask to replace it. It’s like $200.

2 Likes

I received a new NHI Card in the mail today - which has my “New” (12 months old now) ARC Number on it. So it seems that NIA are passing the new numbers to NHI now, or maybe they did 12 months ago an NHI have just caught up.

2 Likes

Something seems to have happened, however I received my daughters new NHI card but none for my son who received his APRC a few months before my daughter.

Which picture was on the card? My daughters had her APRC picture which we definitely never provided to the NHI.

Same thing, they told me that they will check out the ARC backside where it still have the old number.

But recently my company asked me to update it otherwise our company insurance will not accept me.

So they took care of it and after few weeks I got my new NHC. Then I moved the vaccine stickers from the old to the new one

1 Like

Just had a phone call with NHI people. They say they will send out new NHI cards to all foreigners by the end of June, and we can’t go and apply ourselves earlier. This is a problem for me because my old NHI card no longer works for anything online.

Doubt it. I’d still show up at the NHI centre.

It’s consistent with when I went to the post office and they wouldn’t let me apply

I know. But it’s only been a few months since I did mine.

You wanna try anyways?

I might

衛福部健康保險署臺北業務組- 興南大樓辦公室
02 2523 2388

This is where I went. I also brought photos so i could match it with my ARC.

1 Like

Does that mean “all foreigners”, or “all foreigners who have the new ID number”?

I’d reckon the latter.

1 Like

It should be all foreigners with the new ID card number.

1 Like

Same photo as on the New ARC, so photo came from NIA it seems.

1 Like

I received by mail the new NHI card with updated APRC number on it, without requesting it. Now how do I update the new ID card nr on NHI app? Anyone tried it? Thanks in advance