Should I update my NHI card number?

Hi @Marco i know you mentioned you updated your NHI card to the new number at their office. Which office did you go to? What documents did you need? Did you get the new card right there?

104臺灣臺北市中山區中山北路一段7號興南大樓

Just my APRC. Brought photos so I could be at my sexiest. Filled out application.

Came in mail after a week.

I still have my old one.

3 Likes

That have all the photos on a government database, I went to change household registration last year, when they was issuing my wife’s new ID, there was something wrong with the photo. They just opened up the database of all her old photos and took the last one. Also all the other family members who had been registered at that property where there too, including my ugly mug.

They wouldn’t let me keep my ARC photo for my APRC.

Was sad. I liked that one.

1 Like

I think they need to be within a certain time frame, and also maybe depends on the person behind the counter.

To answer my own question, in case anyone else ever runs into this situation, the answer is, no of course they aren’t simply going to start billing under the new number automatically. Instead, they’re going to tell you that they’ll do it and not to worry your pretty little head about it, then they’ll send you bills in the mail, thus forcing you to go in, get the form to set up autopay, and take the form to your bank again yourself. Oh, and also pay those bills manually for two billing periods because they can’t get the autopay started for two full months apparently.

2 Likes