Should I watch The Godfather Part III?

I think they ought to leave it be. Who the hell cares about the characters anymore, the kid grew up to be Al Pacino, messed around, killed is brother, lost the wife, and it’s done. The Sopranos did Italian gangsters to death already. If I don’t see another mafia movie for 10 years, that would be just groovy. Or a hospital TV show. Or a lawyer/DA/crime unit TV show. Grow a bloody imagination!

Sorry

[edit] A fourth godfather, and no second Big Lebowski? Heretics, heathen, and blasphemers, all

Sorry again

its true… i’ve only seen like 3 episodes of sopranos. that explains it. :discodance:

I stopped watching after a couple episodes, the absolute farce - those guys’ hair - enough of the mockery of Italians already, jesus, it’s just plain silly already. And those Joysee accents! Of course it might have something to do with me coming from South Philly…

I stopped watching after a couple episodes, the absolute farce - those guys’ hair - enough of the mockery of Italians already, jesus, it’s just plain silly already. And those Joysee accents! Of course it might have something to do with me coming from South Philly…[/quote]

Where the gangsters running south Philly are all from Atlantic City and the old crime family had it’s ass handed to it by their own boss. That’s okay-most of the Guidos from Jersey Shore are from New Yak because Joisy didn’t have enough Guidos.

It’s just bad. Compared to the first two - awful. Bad writing, very bad acting, waste of time and bad aftertaste.

I agree basically. GF3 was a waste of breath.

Wouldve remained a better “classic” with just the first 2.

Hey, so I’m not the only one! I don’t understand the love for #2: #1 is a wonderful story of a man’s fall. #2? He just falls further.

A minor twist on the topic: how are the “Coppola Restoration” DVDs? (Not the Blu-Ray ones). I’ve never actually owned copies of these movies, and I’ve heard that the Blu-Ray restorations are fantastic, but I haven’t heard about how the restorations come across on “mere” DVD.

This has reminded me - I did actually watch Part III. Apart from Coppola’s horrible performance (oh and matey who played the new don-in-training - he was shit too) it wasn’t that bad, but certainly nothing to stand against the other two.