Should the temp forum have an edit function?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Goose Egg”]Thanks for clarifying this. I’m curious, how often do such accusations actually happen?
I wonder if people really think these forums are so overmoderated, or if there are just a few extreme posters who over-react (ala Abigail Williams for you Arthur Miller fans) to very sensible decisions[/quote]Look at all the “where did my post go ?” posts.[/quote]
Where?! Because I think the number of those type of questions has come down, especially recently.

If the site wanted to add an edit function to temp posts, I say go for it. IMO, a post is usually temped because the whole of it didn’t fit in the forum where it was made and not merely because of some easily removed comment. If a poster wanted to go to the trouble of signifigantly altering a post and then asking for its return to the archived forum, I say just quietly move the post back. I don’t think that would happen too often, though.

Why not just enable edits in temp, and give it a try?

If it turns out that the feared result is indeed a reality, then just turn the edit function back off and that’s that. Been there-done that-tried it-didn’t work.

Best is if there is an easy fix the like of what BFM suggested, but if that’s too much trouble (I would not know), I’m thinking just give it a try as is.

[quote=“bobepine”]Why not just enable edits in temp, and give it a try?

If it turns out that the feared result is indeed a reality, then just turn the edit function back off and that’s that. Been there-done that-tried it-didn’t work.
[/quote]
Good idea! That sounds like the simplest, easiest course to take :sunglasses: