Should you ride YouBikes on the road or sidewalk?

I break all these laws , i dont think everyone should follow me as some are dangerous
I see police everywhere and break laws right in front of them , never got a look from them, never got a warning.

Be safe , ride where you like and dont worry Or follow them all religiously haha

Damn. Thanks for this!

Just use the excuse, sorry officer i forgot, I’m a little drunk

Remember an accident including any vehicle type may require a breathalyzer

But this is like any tw law its enforced selectively

Imagine check points at ubike stations after 12:30Am
Drunk biker hotspots

and which laws do the locals actually follow?

1. no

2. yes?

3. usually but i’ve seen plenty of people stay in the fast lanes, not to mention you can’t stay right all the time. too many parked cars, taxis and buses.

4. NO

5. i don’t know if this one is followed because parked bikes don’t block the way like parked scooters(which are parked everywhere) do.

6. no.

7. yes

8. i doubt it.

Personally, I think 3, 4, 7 and 8 are the one you should strictly obey, as it also endangering other people (motorcyclist, car-driver, etc.)
Any of these could result in traffic accident and people injured/died.
6 could cause you (bicyclist) getting hit by a car.
Others are more like annoy-ment other people (esp. pedestrians) on the street.

It’s a YouBike.

Technically, I believe that you need either a recently lobotomy or certificate of diminished mental capacity to use the service but, if you do, you are permitted to go anywhere you desire.

Designated bike lane and adjacent wide sidewalk? Please. Ride under the canopy.

Pedestrians? Get real. Pass them as close as possible, as long as you ring your bell.

Red lights? Though you’re not as indestructible as old women, who are permitted to ride bikes through busy intersections, you’re basically invisible and can proceed through if you feel like it.

(If I had to choose to do the Thanos snap and get rid of scooters, smokers in front of convenience stores, or YouBikes, I would need to have a break and get back to you.)

1 Like

Well said!

Renting a Ubike seems a license to ride unwieldy without a care for others persons, traffic or other cyclists.

Yes some people use the service and its actually the first time they road a bike. I see goofy kids and grandmas all day long, and they dont even know there are 3 gears…

To be fair, I used a Übike once, there was sufficient slop in the handlebar to the stem, then more slop from stem to the steerer tube, and then the headset was completely wallowed out, you could only really steer with a precision of around 10 metres towards your target.

Going through bollards was a lottery, thankfully that day everything was coming up Milhouse so I survive to tell the tale.

Long story short, ooo look a squirrel…!

leaves

Be sure to turn the seat around when you return faulty bikes, this tells the next person to not rent it and for maintenance crew to keep an eye out for problems.

1 Like

Yes turning seat is great, but an ovalized head tube means the bike is garbage/recycle.
I think they want to save the world/money and keep wobbly goosenecks on the roads