Show Us Your Kid! (2007)

Click here for a dose of happiness. :slight_smile:

Just adorable!!

brilliant mao~ such an adorable laugh…

Enjoyed a great dragonboat holiday yesterday and biked with my girl out to the river, in the late afternoon, to see if any boats were still around and check out all the people, kites and dogs. Lots and lots of people out there, the bike lane was chaotic, and when we arrived at the fountain behind the Songshan airport there was a swarm of people, with lots of kids, dogs and even a couple of vietnamese pot-bellied pigs splashing in the giant fountain.

I said “no” repeatedly to my daughter’s requests to climb down into the fountain. She’s had a persistent cough lately, we had no towel or spare clothes, and my wife tends to worry about everything. But finally I could no longer hold her back, so I removed her shoes, tucked in her shirt, and pulled her shorts up high so they wouldn’t get wet. I pictured her tiptoeing through the pool gingerly.

But she plunged in energetically, jumping up and down, kicking in the water, swishing this way and that, and finally lying down and wallowing in the muck. She had a great time, and so did I, but of course her clothes were completely soaked. Here she is.

So what to do afterwards to avoid the spousal wrath for such inappropriate behavior. First, of course, I stripped off all her clothes and wrung them out thoroughly. But the trick, of which I am proud, was on the way home we parked the bike at a self-serve laundromat, stripped off her shirt, shorts and panties again, sat her down with just my t-shirt to cover her and put her clothes in the drier. She loved it and mommy never found out quite how wet she had been (though it’s impossible to hide such things completely from a wife), so the day ended happily.

^ Hahaha, interesting story. You’re wise about handling the situation but the picture shall be the evidence that Emily got soaking wet! She looks adorable and so happy. It was a good decision you let her in the foundtain. :wink:

We had a nice vacation in British Columbia. Trudi is now 8 months old, and although she doesn’t crawl much, she can pull herself up into a standing position, and she can say “Dada”.

This is her at the Vancouver Aquarium:

Hiking on Quadra Island:

And hanging out with mom at the peak of Whistler Mountain:

I see she’s been camera trained. lol

Soon she’ll be going “Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” and giving the peace sign! :wink:

Not bloody likely.

And she’s photogenic alright, but it’s not that she’s camera trained. She’s just a happy baby!

has it been 8 months!!! wooow

Beautiful pictures! Great-looking family!

Great pics, Maoman. Looks like we did similar trips in different countries. :slight_smile:

Here’s a photo of Emily on top of a 4,000 meter peak in Summit County, CO (she climbed most of the way without being carried, and we enjoyed a snowball fight near the summit). She’s happy, just cold.

And a shot of her in my bro’s back yard, in Denver.

Lovely pictures, MT!

Cute little girl, Mother Theresa.

Here’s one of my boy, Joshua. He’s almost 4 months old now…

And one more…

Too cute, Bismarck! :slight_smile:

Sweet! Maoman.
You must be proud!

[quote=“bismarck”]Cute little girl, Mother Theresa.

Here’s one of my boy, Joshua. He’s almost 4 months old now…

And one more…

[/quote]

Cute kid, bismarck - can definitely see the resemblance! Have you got him a Springboks top yet?

Thanks, Taffy.
Actually, the Springbok tops cost the same for his size as for adults!! So, he’s already got Springbok booties and a Blue Bulls mini-rugby ball. :wink:

Our little boy is almost 8 months old now…Although little is not exactly how i would describe him.
He is almost 12kg and 76cm in length…they grow so fast don’t they?
Seems like we never really had the whole baby experience, he was eating solids by 3 months, bypassed crawling and went straight to walking.
Even my wife says “where did our little baby go?”