Sightings of Forumosans on TV

How so? Because she dances a little? Sings (badly)? And is somewhat skinny (with no actual form - which in itself is not strange in skinny local girls, I just don’t particularly find straight 沒有 calves particularly alluring)?

How? With what?

I find her silly (no) ass shaking tea ad to be more than a little annoying. I’m clearly not a fan, but I don’t get it how having a rich daddy equals fame, by posturing (trying to be 很可愛 :unamused: ) on TV and publishing a lame ass book on getting married to your bf (who knocked you up).
I find it even more preposterous that she seems somewhat slighted that someone guesstimates her age at 22 to 25 (when she’s really 29, so it should be a compliment). Then they have her stand next to a 18 year old girl trying to show “how young” she actually looks.
Why she’s seen as a role model is beyond me. And the false Hello Kitty cuteness is like nails on a blackboard.
Ok, maybe I’m just getting old, but I really think their are way more Taiwanese celebs/business personalities that have made something of themselves having come from nothing.

And JaeMann is way hot. Way hotter than 小S.

My wife loves 小S, has her book and watches her show regularly. Perhaps all the teeth gritting and eye twitching has contributed to this rant.

Here’s a picture of both of them eating.
You decide.

Hmmm.

Oh no! Not that again! I would slap Smell The Glove if he didn’t make me laugh so hard!!
(Thanks B for the compliment :slight_smile: )

I remember them (Big S and Little S) when they were SOS - Sisters of Shu (sic) They were pretty talentless then, but they were able to parlay fairly pedestrian good looks into a career. Beats working for a living. :idunno:

I find Big S attractive. I mean, she isn’t a goddess but she is at least pretty.

[quote=“JaeMann”]Oh no! Not that again! I would slap Smell The Glove if he didn’t make me laugh so hard!!
(Thanks B for the compliment :slight_smile: )[/quote]

It’s my pleasure… :blush:

You sure know a lot about her for someone who claims to hate her. She must have really touched a nerve…or something :wink:

小S is plenty kind to the eyes. Come on people, don’t hate her because she’s beautiful (woman with big bouncy hair appears).

[quote=“myury”][quote=“bismarck”]
I find her silly (no) ass shaking tea ad to be more than a little annoying. I’m clearly not a fan, but I don’t get it how having a rich daddy equals fame, by posturing (trying to be 很可愛 :unamused: ) on TV and publishing a lame ass book on getting married to your bf (who knocked you up).
I find it even more preposterous that she seems somewhat slighted that someone guesstimates her age at 22 to 25 (when she’s really 29, so it should be a compliment). Then they have her stand next to a 18 year old girl trying to show “how young” she actually looks.
Why she’s seen as a role model is beyond me. And the false Hello Kitty cuteness is like nails on a blackboard.
Ok, maybe I’m just getting old, but I really think their are way more Taiwanese celebs/business personalities that have made something of themselves having come from nothing.

My wife loves 小S, has her book and watches her show regularly. Perhaps all the teeth gritting and eye twitching has contributed to this rant.
[/quote]

You sure know a lot about her for someone who claims to hate her. She must have really touched a nerve…or something :wink:

小S is plenty kind to the eyes. Come on people, don’t hate her because she’s beautiful (woman with big bouncy hair appears).[/quote]

Hate is a bit strong, innit? Don’t believe I said I hated her. Just find her annoying and don’t get the whole 小S popularity thing. Kind of like Paris Hilton. Seriously, if she didn’t have a rich family, would we have known her? I doubt it.

I know “alot” about her, because my wife likes her, often watches her shows and has her book.

I guess it’s just a sign I’m getting older. I just feel someone needs to achieve something noteworthy on their own steam in order to become famous or worthy of praise.

But hey, more power to her. If she’s happy and she makes other people happy, I have no issue with her. I certainly don’t hate her.

I’ve been on TV in the US quite a few times, France, and even Italy… but never in Taiwan.

Know her blood type ? :wink: :laughing:

Does it really beat “working” for a living? These people have ironclad schedules, they spend hours in makeup rooms and then more hours talking to vacuous, vapid celebrities, they have to sing and laugh and dance on command…and they are celebrities themselves, meaning they have no anonymity whatsoever and are always being watched in public (unless they leave Taiwan, of course).

This beats “working?” I daresay one’s answer to this supposedly rhetorical question amounts to a sort of mini Rorschach test.

How so? Because she dances a little? Sings (badly)? And is somewhat skinny (with no actual form - which in itself is not strange in skinny local girls, I just don’t particularly find straight 沒有 calves particularly alluring)?

How? With what?

And JaeMann is way hot. Way hotter than 小S.

[/quote]

I am not her fan.
But,She’s good at palying piano,dancing.(ballroom dancing)
As a host,she really bring up the point of joyness.
I dont think "talented"matters if she is skinny?
Is there NOT any skinny girls at this show that day? :unamused: :smiley:

Watching American TV this weekend, and spotted the forumosan who introduced me to forumosa. She was on a reality show called “Flavor of Love 2” fighting out for the love and heart of this man…

Flava Flav

[quote=“Namahottie”]Watching American TV this weekend, and spotted the forumosan who introduced me to forumosa. She was on a reality show called “Flavor of Love 2” fighting out for the love and heart of this man…

Flava Flav[/quote]

Holy shibbit! It wasn’t me was it? I can’t believe that VH1 gave Flava Flav his own show just because Brigitte Nielsen was all over his stank ass in The Surreal Life.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
Holy shibbit! It wasn’t me was it? I can’t believe that VH1 gave Flava Flav his own show just because Brigitte Nielsen was all over his stank ass in The Surreal Life.[/quote]

Two seasons girl and the girl he dumped TWICE at the finale, got her own show…Plus, Flavor of Love has been VH1’s highest rated show in it’s history…

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Ms. New York…

Everyone’s favorite HBIC (Head Bitch in Charge) :laughing: :noway:

I never saw Flavor of Love I or II but I did catch some of Strange Love (the bit where he insisted on driving) – and before that a bit of the Surreal Life (Charo was funny as hell). So now he’s bigger than I Love the 80s and 60s and 70s and 90s. Damn.

I’ll always remember him best for that Viking helmet. And the clocks. And his work with Chuck D.