Sim Racing

Does anyone here have a sim racing set up? I’m thinking about getting into it as a hobby. I’m thinking of starting with this Logitech seat and wheel/peddles.

I’ve bought actual cars for less!

Got a friend (a qualified friend) who spent about £3000 on his set-up, I believe it can be coupled with a VR headset on something like Assetto Corsa for extra extra-ness. Don’t forget obscene sound-system for the exhaust and turbo noises, a used Logitech Z-5500 or similar at the very least!

I bought the Logitech G923 and it is pretty good, although takes some getting used to at the start. I bought a simpler frame to house the wheels and pedals, without the seat, saves a bit of space overall.

The Logitech wheel can be bought down in Pateh Rd and you can probably get a good deal on it, I bought the frame locally online and it was reasonably priced and does the job.

The Logitech wheel is a cheap one comparatively, the price of some of them is ridiculous.

All I need now is some bloody time to use it.

1 Like

Sim racing is great! I haven’t been until it for quite a few years. I’d suggest getting the wheel to start, and see if you even really like it.

I’d say a VR headset is a lot more immersive too, I’d maybe consider that next, unless you easily get car or VR sick. It can definitely do that. But so so immersive and fun

1 Like

What was the challenge of getting used to it? I’m not familiar with wheels at all but I’ve researched this is a solid starting wheel for the price.

I’ll have to think about it. I have a 77in OLED so it’s pretty solid but I can see how VR would be cool too.

It is really a matter of the jump from the controller to the wheel being such a different experience, and the setup of the wheel being of critical importance. Many of things you could get away with easily on a controller will not happen with the wheel and pedals, so you just have to dial yourself into it.

Don’t let it put you off, it will take a while but once you get used to it you will be faster. Make sure you tweak the settings for each game, and there is plenty of advice online as well as setups to download or follow.

It is great fun, and some races feel like a bit of a workout, especially the rally stages. I find the Logitech 923 to be very good for me, and although denoted as an “entry level” wheel and pedals I don.t see myself upgrading in the future. I have at most a couple of hours a week to do this so don’t have the time investment required to get really good and move up to something more high-end, not to mention the money and space required.

Go for the wheels and pedals, and I would be a bit more careful on the VR. I find VR does make me feel uncomfortable, and really can’t be bothered with it, but many people love the immersion provided, so each to their own.

Happy sim racing.

1 Like

I got a Thrustmaster T300rs locally via shopee, pretty much the same as the Logitech 923. I would also check FB marketplace, you can often pickup a deal on a cheap wheel.

back during covid built this rig, not been active since, feel i should get back on that horse…

1 Like

Curious, what sim are you playing or considering to play?

I’ve used Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione and iRacing. iRacing was great for the multiplayer racing, ACC has buttery smooth graphics if your PC can handle it, and at the time AC used to be dirt cheap… that said I see ACC is on sale right now on steam for just NT297

Multiplayer is by far the most killer feature as really gets the adrenaline pumping when you are racing real people rather than AI

I’ve not tried rally, nor driving a truck

I got the G923 coming Monday along with the seat. I’m playing PS5 so Gran Tourismo is what I’ll be playing first.

1 Like