Singer causes uproar with ROC flag at UK concert

Hell, by that last definition, I better be asking more donations.
As I am pretty bad with flags.
Sure, I see them.
Stupid reason to get stubborn about a principle, a theory, or even an assemble. What would we do without the Limes?
Paerles, in some form.

[quote=“hansioux”]She showed a ROC flag because of her deep KMT background and is proud of being a citizen of the Republic of China. Frankly a true supporter of Taiwanese independence would be much less willing to use the ROC flag to demonstrate their national identity, as the flag itself symbolize Chinese oppression.

But it just confirms people from China doesn’t give a crap whether Taiwanese are pro-China or pro-TI, Taiwanese are all the same, equally worth punishing for resisting unification with the PRC.[/quote]

Chinese people – and most Westerners, and even many Taiwanese – don’t really get what “pro-independence” means. As far as most Chinese are concerned, an ROC flag is a symbol of independence insofar as it is not a 5-star PRC flag. They don’t get the concept of Taiwanese identity and just assume that any government in Taiwan is a government of Taiwan. The Chinese education system emphasizes many things, but subtlety is not one of them.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]

Chinese people – and most Westerners, and even many Taiwanese – don’t really get what “pro-independence” means. As far as most Chinese are concerned, an ROC flag is a symbol of independence insofar as it is not a 5-star PRC flag. They don’t get the concept of Taiwanese identity and just assume that any government in Taiwan is a government of Taiwan. The Chinese education system emphasizes many things, but subtlety is not one of them.[/quote]

The official stance of the PRC government is there are 3 things that’s considered as Taiwanese independence, thus justifies the use of force:

1. One China, one Taiwan
  2. Two China
  3. Maintain Status Quo

Wrong on all counts

We used to dream of living in caves.

Who’d a thought forty years ago that we’d be sitting here drinking Chateau de Chasselas?