Singing lessons

I’m looking for someone who offers singing lessons in Taoyuan. Since I can’t speak Chinese, they should probably be able to speak a reasonable amount of English. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Anything?

I think that you will have a hard time looking for a music tutor, have you tried to apply for a music school?

Let me guess. You finally found a singer but he or she is not that great? :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re probably right about having a tough time…

I decided to try it myself, so yes. He or she is not great.

Cool. Have fun!

If all else fails, there’s almost nothing you can’t learn at least a little bit about by just using Youtube these days.

There’s certainly truth in what you say, but I’m looking for some tailoring to my specific needs.

A friend who has since left Taiwan used to go to a place in the Shilin/Tienmu area. But I neither know the name, nor whether it still exists…

iRock, probably.

Hi @Steelydanrather I’m teaching singing lessons in both Daan and Tamshui District. I have many years of teaching experience. Send me an email through the Contact page if you’re still interested in taking singing lessons. Thank you!

Here’s the link to my website: www.harmoniesoflight.weebly.com

I sort of remember there was a website in Taiwan that lets you find tutors in any subject. I’ve searched here and google. Does anyone know the one I mean?

The kid next door has to sing “Rewrite the Stars” for a show at the end of the school year. It’s extremely difficult. The middle eight and chorus are particularly hard. I’ve been training her as a neighborly gesture.
She has a good ear, and has memorized the lyrics, but she tends to sing mostly out of her nose, or falsetto. Getting her to project with confidence is the biggest hurdle.
What I find, though, is a half-hour of warm-up exercises tends to loosen the inhibition and make for a more self-assured approach.
I’m not a singing coach and not au fait with techniques, but I am a reasonably good singer.
Knowing the lyrics and doing long warm-up exercises helps a lot.