Single-Use disposable BBQ

I’m looking for the killer-ap which made our summer in Brighton an endless party on the beach: The disposable single-use BBQ.

To give you a clearer idea, it is made of an aluminium foil tray which contain coal bricks and some waxed paper (to lit the coal) and which is closed by a bbq grill. You basically unwrap the thing, make it stand on its legs, light the waxed paper, wait for 20 mins, and cook for about an hour and a half (serves up to 6 people in the standard size). Once you’re done you simply trash it.
Here is a photo:

In the west they cost between 60 and 300 NT$ depending of size, coal amount, and quality.

Anybody has seen this in Taiwan?

I’m a bit in a rush since i would need these for my birthday this saturday. We plan on BBQing by the riverside.

EDIT: Thanks for the help!

They sell cheap little ones at places like RTMart but I think you have to add the contents yourself.

For images, paste the link, then highlight it with no extra spaces, then click the Img button. Result:

[img]http://www.wompro.com/catalogue/category1018/c12/p168/image/?size=300x300&helper=1131361691.78[/img]

You have to start with a real link to a picture though; it should end in .jpg or somesuch. Try ImageShack (it’s free).

I remember buying one of those at Carrefour years ago, but it was total crap. It didn’t even get hot enough to cook anything on it.

Just click this link

Thanks for the suggestion and the advice about the photo. Which unfortunately still doesn’t work.

EDIT: Weird, it’s not working.

Aah, that’s better.

yeah, that’s the one. Have they worked for anyone else? Maybe we bought a dud. I just remember that it got warm but not hot enough to actually cook our food. :laughing:

Thanks for posting the photo Chris. I still dont get what did i do wrong though.

Indiana, I have used dozens of these, in many different brands and shapes, and i always was very happy with it, except once when i used one that had been stored in my car for a few months. It did what you described and was of little use cooking (strange thing is that i also had the bigger version in my car, and this one went fine).
As i mentionned earlier, you can cook for up to 6 hungry young men on these BBQs.

Must have bought a dud then. Wow, 6 hungry men? Ours couldn’t even provide for one hungry couple! :smiley: Glad to hear it was a one-off then. May try them again, we do a lot of camping and cleaning the BBQ is the one thing I dread upon our return home. :frowning:

You didn’t do anything wrong, you can’t link the picture directly from that website. Chris probably took a screen capture and then uploaded the image to imageshack.us, then linked to there.
Only if the link ends on jpg, gif, png … you can link directly as Dragonbones explained.

Yup 6 hungry men on one of these small things. Just need a bit of organisation.
And yes, carrying the coal, lighting it up, carrying everything back after use, and cleaning the grill, is just way too much trouble for me since i discovered these BBQs.

[quote=“Rascal”]You didn’t do anything wrong, you can’t link the picture directly from that website. Chris probably took a screen capture and then uploaded the image to imageshack.us, then linked to there.
Only if the link ends on jpg, gif, png … you can link directly as Dragonbones explained.[/quote]
Actually this is what i did after editing. I hosted the photo on imageshack and linked it properly to here. It is a PNG and my BBCode seems clean but for some reasons (i guess it is very dumb and simple), it still doesn’t work.

On ImageShack be sure to select the LAST of the many link formats provided ("[color=red]direct [/color]link"). It’s not just a matter of the ending segment of the code; there also shouldn’t be any ? or = in there.

Here’s the “direct link to image”:
img262.imageshack.us/img262/324/testen0.png
and the same, bracketed in Img:

Here’s the “Show image to friends” link:
img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testen0.png
and bracketed in Img:

As you can see, only the direct link works.

Thanks Dragonbones!
The shiny stars is something added by imageshack i take it. Looks nice!

Oh, yeah, Imageshack has just added optional sparkly effects; but they won’t show up unless you opt for them, don’t worry.

I am bumping this topic since i am still desperatly looking for these BBQs. I couldn’t find anything like this in 3 Carrefours in the south of taipei.
Any help?

You’re too early, the BBQ season hasn’t started yet and that’s why you won’t find any. Have you looked in the camping product area in Carrefour? Although I guess it depends from store to store if they have one. There’s a home improvement store that I sadly don’t know the name of (it’s not B&Q) which might have them.
Also, googling for it brought up this goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?11061209582645 which seems quite expensive, as you can buy a re-usable BBQ for less.

I have indeed looked at camping products everywhere but still can’t find any.
I’ll keep an eye on the home improvement front.
As for the link you provided, many thanks for forwarding it. The price is just a bit… abusive. In their most simple form, these BBQs can be bought 0.27$ FOB shenzen… That’s 10 NT$…